Pointless Topics

In the news now.

Still very glad Scotland isn’t independent for this whole thing.

Cornwall have a similar problem.
Their tourist board even advertised it as somewhere to make an escape to and got slammed for it.

3 Likes

These morons are going to force the government into a complete lock down/martial law soon. When most people are sticking to the guidelines. Parents letting their younger teens wander around the streets aimlessly in groups too.

Gyms closed, yet people doing group fitness classes outside with randoms still, twunts.

2 Likes

Gotta leave a toned corpse.

1 Like

People have been advised not to come to the Lake District as well. Chatting at work the other day and we anticipated this could happen with flights being cancelled etc

Ffs! My aunt and uncle live Tomintoul and get thier supplies from Aviemore , the last thing they need is cunts turning up from down south ! That’s why me an my bro’s stayed down here instead of going to stay with my folks in Elgin. So dumb. But that’s us humans, selfishness come first if you don’t know how to control it.

Mrs being a key worker gets Monday, Wednesday and Friday exclusive access to Sainsburys.
They’ve designated spots on those days to care workers, NHS staff and the elderly.

2 Likes

Half an hour three times a week for the workers, an hour three times a week for the old folk.

A colleague who works in A&E went to the Tesco NHS hour this morning, said it was mental, didn’t even go in the car park. He thinks it’s a terrible idea to get all NHS folks crowding together. Well intentioned but needs an urgent rethink.

I drove past a big tesco this morning and there must have been 200cars queued up down the road waiting for it to open at 10, people have lost it.

3 Likes

I just heard from someone who works at Waitrose (via a family member) that all supermarkets will be online only in the next 48 hours or so.

I’m not sure how credible the info is, though.

It feels like weeks ago given how much has changed and happened since that ludicrous statement.

1 Like

Then there will be riots. There are not enough delivery drivers or vans. It was hard enough getting a slot before all this happened.

As I said, I’m not sure how much I believe the information. Thought it was worth sharing here just in case there is any truth in it so that peeps are aware.

1 Like

Pretty sure they’ll have the military working the tills before they actually close the doors.

1 Like

I honestly think right now that the main thing fuelling all the panic buying is all the reporting about panic buying. If people weren’t bombarded with reports of it then they wouldn’t feel the same pressure to get whatever they can. The press need to behave responsibly here too.

1 Like

It would go some way to explaining the massive recruitment by supermarkets for delivery personnel.

How many of the elderly are really not that internet savvy to buy online too?

2 Likes

anyone else drinking a bit more than usual?? :clown_face:

3 Likes