Pointless Topics

Unlikely to pass quickly and it’s only UK I work globally.

4 Likes

Still at work, in office, at the moment. Can’t run a transport desk from home.

Half the world doesn’t have a gambling regulator. Any staking limit would be UK only.

Working from Home with full pay at the moment.

WFH, full pay. As is wife.

fuck knows

3 Likes

1 Like

WFH as normal. I work in digital analytics which normally booms in these times as online activity spikes. I also work with the ABC two full days a week so am quite close to the main source of information and they’re doing exactly the same. If they start to go hell to leather with anything at least I’ll have a heads-up.

Got quite a bit done on my shed to gym room conversion on Sunday.
Just a couple of bits to order that will make it functional.
It’s going to double up as a gaming room for the eldest.
The old TV is going to be mounted in there and I have a little amp to rig up to a decent speaker system for it all.
He’s been advised to do yoga by school so the wii that I was given recently with fitness board hooked up in there will help out there.
Need to make space in the other shed that i used as a guitar workshop but is now rammed full of other stuff.
The Les Paul I bought recently needs some work so I want that space back for the purpose I had reserved it for before.
Tinkering brings me some calm and satisfaction which are going to be much needed at the moment.

1 Like

Finished up a project a few weeks back, due for some events in early April, which are all cancelled now. All contact from clients has evaporated and nothing is happening. I brought home my workstation, monitor, etc. today and will be spending 3-4 hours daily learning new workflows, doing tutorials, personal projects, etc. Did this last week via laptop, but with the break-in at my office there on Thursday (nothing taken from me, others weren’t so lucky), I’m playing it safe. I’ve got savings and low outgoings, but I’m still expecting nothing to come my way with work for a long time, unfortunately.

1 Like

I’m self employed (partnership) and we shut the office until further notice today, we are going to work from home dealing with requests and take it in turns to go to the office and print stuff out etc and post it or arrange times for collection but basically self containing and not dealing face to face with anyone. We are happy that we have had tax and vat deferred and we possibly will be in line for the 10k grant to pay our rent while we are barely earning but I personally will not be entitled to anything as my missus gets paid too much and is still going to be working full time from home so we’ll have to limp through our work profits for as long as they’ll last. We’re not in a bad position though, pretty lucky.
I had a new crazy russian drum machine delivered today that I have been waiting for, for 18 months or so, so I am happy self isolating, I just wish I could proper self isolate without the kids ha. Jk obv.

I remember you mentioning that machine.
Have fun with that and maybe make a little vid demonstrating it.
I’d be interested to watch that.

Part of my son’s school timetable is creative time so I decided to try to teach him to understand the guitar during these periods, the vey basics.

Yeah maybe i’ll try, the thing is utter madness, been on it for the past hour or so.
Nice one for doing the guitar thing, i’ll probably be letting the kids loose in the studio more often over this “holiday” might get them record a song from scratch if my sanity could take it.

I’ve always taught him timing so that’s sorted.
Just tapping out to the tempo of whatever is on.
I encourage him to try and listen to music as layers and listen beyond catchy hooks or vocals which he also does pretty well at.
Asking him what instruments he can hear in a piece helps distract him from the most obvious elements and pay attention to what else is going on.

Me and my family have all been ill. Hopefully we’ve had this virus and that was it.

This is day 12 of quarantine I think.

I’m supposed to be working from home. Trouble is our business (like loads of others) is literally unviable in the current climate so there is no work to do. I’m on full pay for now.

My wife is a community based physio and is going to have to double up as a carer when she goes back in Friday which she’s really hyped about. She also has various autoimmune diseases so that’s going to be fun.

We technically could’ve put our boy in nursery but we’re not putting him anywhere near the place.

Not sure how long they can pay me with full pay. My wife as an NHS worker will still get paid all the way through no matter what happens so on balance my situation is shit but nowhere near as shit as it could be.

How are you? I can’t imagine going through all this with a new baby.

I’ve already seen 2 foxes out in broad daylight.

1 Like

What’s up with the les Paul?

yeah mush, let us know what is up with it, I can advise to a degree if you want to sort it out. I do all my maintenance, setups and built a few guitars.

1 Like