Pointless Topics

Went on a Stag do in Blackpool and it was easily the worst time of my life. Utterly horrible with even worse people. Strip clubs with ropey as hell girls, definitely not my thing. The stag even punched his boss in the first pub we went in and got the sack on the spot to a backdrop of girls tipping jugs of milk down their… eer, jugs on stage.
I felt embarrassed walking along the street where there are families with kids eating ice cream and having a lovely time etc and gangs like us (and countless others) are yorping drunk songs/bad language at the tops of their voices acting like cunts ruining it. Luckily I lost the gang of morons after a while and just wandered about most of the evening
Damn, my memory has stirred up some anger, need to skate now haha.

1 Like

One of the best stag do’s I ever went to was holed up in a country house in middle of nowhere in devon, loads of booze, video games, the odd bit of sniff going around and no girls/strippers/nights out in town. It was amazing, it made everyone focussed on getting fucked up together, the distraction of women around really ruins these events, it was so much fun.

Did a stage do like that too, it was up in the lakes somewhere, a country pub near by and a converted barn full of booze and a bbq outside, chilled. The only other stag do I went on was camping in Newquay, again super chilled. I just go to strip joints on my time, haha.

Got a stag do exactly like this next month, except for the fact that the best man has hired strippers to come to the air bnb.

Being in a dark bar is one thing, but being in a cottage on an early summers evening just makes the whole thing uncomfortable

Yeah I thought it wouldn’t be my thing but I had a chat with the girl beforehand and that made it feel less uncomfortable, she was studying at the same uni I went to, from the same part of the UK, she initiated the dance (obviously, it’s her job). It didn’t feel too weird at the time as it felt like she wanted to be there, but I know that’s not always the case.

Think I got lucky with her, but don’t think I’d do it again.

Best stag do I’ve been to was when a load of us hired one of those huge places in Centre Parcs.
Just chaps geting hammered and having a right laugh.
Same deal as it sounds you had.

Worst stag do I ever went on was to Edinburgh. Loved the city and the people ect. But everyone else was from the midlands and I live in Plymouth.

My girlfriend organised the hen party and for £50 less than me stayed in a villa in Marbella a day longer than us.

I stayed in a hostel with triple decker bunk beds.

I’ve been engaged over a year now. Haven’t set a date for the wedding yet so no plans for stag do yet. Really can’t be arsed to have one though. I hate stuff like that, I remember seeing so many gangs walking about and just thinking what a bunch of embarrassing cunts…

I guess it’s a good excuse to get all your best mates together that you wouldn’t otherwise be able to, but if I end up just going on a massive bender I’ll be a nervous wreck by the end of the night.

i rented this gaff for mine last year, was proper proper good. views were absolutely sick, had no one around for miles so took a system and had a huge session with 38 la’s, weekend bender no surrender like no strippers or any of that boring bollocks

the legend joel peck made a lovely little zine from it as a wedding present too, worra sweetheart ey

That’s just the whole uk right?

only went to a strip place once under stag circumstances of a brother in law and his knob head mates. i wasnt really up for even going out with them as they were pretty much all cunts but had to make an appearance. i only stayed for a bit as they were all really laddish and annoying. birds were pretty nice but they made it unbearable. one guy got a private dance and jizzed his pants and they were all sitting around with their mouths open like a bunch of mouth breathers who had never seen a minge before.

to be honest i left after about half an hour and no one even noticed, but to me it just felt a bit gay . bit like having a wank with you mates all sitting round a jazz mag. it just felt to me really awkward looking at all these bellends perv faces as the stippers did a half arsed dance. maybe a strip club is best enjoyed alone. or not with a bunch of cunts??

maybe its just me i dont know

Nailed it. All the blokes have boners, the unattainable girls are there for you to pay for their time. If that’s your thing, great. Not mine.

Went on a wicked stag party snowboarding last winter. Cost a fortune, but everybody had a blast - no top bantz ladz crap, no wanker attitutdes, everybody was on the same page, good vibes all round. Too bad for Mr Stag whose famously shite immune system gave him a cold all weekend.

FYI best strip club I have ever been to was ‘Wiggles’ in Bournemouth. :ok_hand:

Does anyone else cringe when US pros send happy birthday messages to other US pros on instagram?

Why is everyone doing kickflips and wishing koston happy birthday?

Am I being a bitch or is it properly cringe.

1 Like
1 Like

Not actually asking why, but i mean how did it become a thing, did everyone decide that’s what they were going to do to celebrate his birthday?

Stick a clip of Koston on their insta, or them doing a kickflip (some rad old photo they’ve been waiting to re-use or a new one), hashtag it, get the hits without having to do anything really. While wishing Koston happy birthday as an excuse.

2 Likes

TWS: ‘DAEWON’ documentary trailer. Full-length documentary by Joe Pease. It will be on skateboarding.com on May 17th in association with adidas skateboarding. I’m not saying it will be, but they’ve made it look kind of boring already. The usual arse kissing doc, just a bunch of clips of other skaters all saying the same superlatives.

I have this impression that a lot of pro skateboarders have nothing very interesting to say because all they do is skate. Not a bad thing, just doesn’t make for great talkshows or documentaries.

2 Likes