Pointless Topics

One of my few ledge tricks left. It’s a fakie back t. Think about the way you slide and face when you land in it.

Flip off you came in with an insult and have totally ignored my reasoning for why it should be frontside.

I’ve not said actually anyone is wrong I’m just putting my point across with semi logical reasons, I’m not saying you dont do a backtail motion, but how you get into the trick does affect its name.

It’s not frontside though.

2 Likes

Wow. Just because you’re wrong don’t take it out on me.

If you want to double check go through every single skateboarding magazine for the last 30+ years and try and find a single one captioned fakie frontside tail.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s my reaction to you insulting me that’s the problem.

Don’t be a dick Mute, Les was clearly joking.

You have decent reasoning and it makes sense the way you say it but the fact it, it’s named backside because of the reasons known to the person who made it up. Right or wrong in your eyes, it’s backside.

Brass Eye reference - unfortunately can’t hate on that insult.

@anon90826813 he’s not being a dick.

Trick nomenclature is a serious business it seems.

You came in with a confident its a not I think it is because of x, y and z.

I might jump on a physics forum and claim gravity isn’t real and see how that goes for me.

Made my post clearer :wink:

1 Like

It was a joke Mute.

But yeah, it’s not a frontside tailslide. He fakie ollies into a backside tailslide.

1 Like

Willy Santos is so full of shit

I was only being a dick to Les, jokes have context, theres no context to that joke other than it’s got a comedian on the photo. (Dont get me wrong I love a bit of Morris).

Thank you for at least acknowledging my reasons and seeing my point, much better than getting told ‘Your wrong’ and getting berated for it.

Willy’s right. Always to fakie.

The context was that you’re wrong and he used a gif to illustrate that with a cheeky diss thrown in. No one would use that as a serious insult, they’d just say “YOU"RE WRONG YOU FUCKING MORON!” and make it look serious like that. Don’t be so highly strung.

It’s an age old discussion with this trick, I’ve had it before at the skatepark many times, I may not be right but I’m not totally wrong about this trick either.

I get the reference but its still out of context and it’s still a nasty thing to say to someone, especially for eprops on a forum.

Erm.

2 Likes

Morris and Partridge punchlines are very much part of this forum and they always have been. He didn’t actually mean that.

2 Likes

Live footage of SwitchMute trying to work this out

3 Likes

Forums are fuelled on shit talk. We call each other out all the time and the next time we post it’s all good again. No one takes real offence on here (I hope not anyway) we have been on here long enough to know to leave our guns at the thread door when we leave for another thread. opinions are opinions and no one is wrong, unless there is an actual fact at the end, in which this case there is. It IS a backside tailslide. But I see you’re argument and it’s got some merit, but unfortunately wrong.

4 Likes

The naming of tricks mainly comes from vert before street was a thing. That’s why it’s hard for some people to understand.

You can’t deny that you turn BS into a FS noseslide right?