Pointless Topics

I USED TO WORK IN MCDONALDS NOW I DRIVE A LEASED LAMBO COS OF FOREX TRADING

1 Like

Oddly though, he is the reverse of a youtubers story.
He was properly on Birdhouse and maybe Lakai too but turned his back on it to do what he does now.
Most tubers seem to be trying to promote themselves into the radar of big companies, he went the other way.
He is irritating as fuck, which could also be the reason why they got shut of him.

When you see a vintage music/skate t-shirt listed on Etsy for like £300, do those tees actually sell? Or is the seller just hoping for the best? Asking for a friend

I reckon they get bought by ‘designers’ at places like Urban Outfitters. Very basic reverse engineering.

But do they actually sell for tons of cash? Or should I just flog my tees to a friend who deals in vintage clothing, for a nice bit of dosh but nothing astronomical? Asking for a friend

Sometimes but I’m under the impression they usually set the bar super high and then pick and choose as the offers come in. If it is up for £300 though then it will probably go for a fair chunk still and not like a tenner or something

That’s the thing, it’s not as if I’m in a rush to sell them, maybe I should just list them and see what happens? Problem is, though, I’ve been offered a bit of dosh if I give them to my mate today. What do I do? Asking for a friend

Haha

Hard to say really, toss up between getting instant money and hooking up your mate or potentially getting more money. Your call.

Could always put it on Depop for a week, see what offers you get and then decide, you can set it up so nobody can instant buy it and it’s offer only

I’d also say from my experience original music tees have the potential to go for A LOT

Skate tees not so much…

Interesting. Maybe I should. I’ve never been arsed to do anything like this before, (ebay, discogs etc) so it’s about time I had a go. I mean, my friend should.

See, that’s it. “Potential”… but do they actually go?

Yeah, I say potential because it totally depends on the artist, graphic etc.

Just as an example this Prince shirt went for £150

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERY-RARE-VINTAGE-Prince-Paisley-Park-Design-Team-t-shirt-1986-purple/192871150171?hash=item2ce804325b:g:IFkAAOSwrn9ckV4n

That’s quite an example though… a tee given only to staff by Prince? Not sure I’m swimming in the same pond

Old band t-shirts are the only ones that seem to warrant a high price, especially from concerts.

Yeah fair didn’t read the description, just was having a quick search

Anyway I’d say it really depends on on artists, age, graphic etc. and probably a bit of luck that the right person happens to be searching at the time you have it listed. I could imagine some stuff could take a while until someone willing to pay the high price comes along like a collector, celebrity stylist or as build said somebody from the design department at another brand…

Yep you’re probably right with that
Fuck it, some examples: a
b

d
that last one is a Chili Peppers tee (trust me, they were cool in 1990)

i’ve seen that get off my dick tee go for silly money.

They’re not worth anything, really. Especially not that Prong one. I’d even give you a tenner for out. Out of niceness.

A funny tale here, about a related t-shirt:

2 Likes

Did the creases in the t-shirt come from 1990 too??