Pointless Topics

Could be keen for this vibe

Claim to fame, I’ve played Scalextrics with Edgar Davids in Hamleys

6 Likes

I believe this.

There’s something about a dimly lit spot where you’re not focusing on the cracks and the imperfections. It’s all about feel rather than focusing on stuff.

2 Likes

Incredible, who won!?

Yeah totally! I think the times when I really notice how bad my eyesight is, is when I’m skating to and from places at night and the car headlights blind me for a few seconds, or filming with a camera light is always really hard as I just see stars and only about a metre in front of me. But in daylight it’s probably better to just feel it rather than see stuff. Someone on slap quoted Muska saying his vision is bad but he doesn’t wanna see things properly!

The only time it really bugs me is in low light I can’t really see my board when I’m skating flat so have to avoid flatland at night!

https://instagram.com/glasses.team?igshid=gnn536eyqau4

I’m near-sighted and have to wear glasses when I’m driving, working, watching television etc. I don’t want to wear them while skating, don’t want to break them, and don’t mind not seeing that well. As @hugo said, I like “feeling” the shit I skate and don’t really feel like seeing better would help, plus I’d probably lose my mind focusing on pebbles and the tiniest details.

2 Likes

Looking for a pair of window glasses to wear cycling in the rain and at night - can’t wear shades then, obviously. Screwfix have loads of safety glasses for less than £10, just finding a pair that don’t resemble Oakleys is the difficult part.

100% get this. Skated without my glasses for ages when I first needed them. Decided to give it a go and it felt like I was having to learn all over again. Everything was off.

Only more recently has that stopped being an issue, and I’ve been a glasses wearer for 5+ years

Swear by these on the bike. I had eye troubles when I was commuting every day (calcium buildups inside my eyelids) and the optometrist recommended glasses to stop all the road crud. Tried a bunch (including some semi expensive ones) and these were the only ones that didn’t fog up. Used to go through a pair every couple of months, but that was more due to MTB.

Not the best looking, but cheap enough.

1 Like

Nobody sees you when you’re out on a big bike ride anyway. Other cyclists maybe. I’ve got Oakley shades here, for when required.

1 Like

Yep, good shout, thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Decathlon sell clear cycling glasses for under £5. I had some and they do the job.

1 Like

Just bought some walking boots. what an odd world of ugly shit.

Yep, can second these, were like 3 quid and perfect really.

They had some other ones on offer that I wish I got for a laugh, exactly like this

Put my property on the market today. Hoping to move out of London a bit.

2 Likes

Was just thinking the other day with all this working at home bollocks I could literally live anywhere. Same town still.

1 Like

Nike SB and adidas skateboarding closing loads of skater-owned shop accounts in the States apparently.

That’s the plan. Will hopefully get a large house instead of a tiny appartment.

Move to Estonia, it’s fucking great (seriously). Not missing London at all now, going to build a house by the seaside in a few years and tank red wine and smoke fags until I die, brilliant

6 Likes

Doing particularly well with Covid too by the sounds of it, not many cases?