Pointless Topics

neil young? exhibition gone fishin intro?

Could be that maybe?

Unfortunately not, enjoyed listening to it though!

1 Like

Was just shopping for a new beanie and thought… Can we make balaclavas popular this year?

It’s getting cold and masks help warm the face but are not cozy. Balaclavas are cozy as fuck and when worn over the mouth are functional too, these days.

You just need one that you can pull back off your head so you don’t look like you’re gonna rob the joint. Skateboard fashion always takes a little while to hit mainstream buy always does. I reckon if we pull together we can do this.

1 Like

I remember having a Krew one back in the day which rolled up nicely into a normal beanie, was proper nice when the weather got freezing.

People always try to make them a thing each winter but they are just way too intimidating.

Yeah but this year we have to wear masks anyway

Female vocalist?

Lyrics sound a bit PJ Harvey

1 Like
9 Likes

It was a male vocalist, no idea what the band was, something like Sunset Rubdown (I did go through all their songs, just in case it was them!)

Does it go ‘da da da deeeeeee, do do do cha cha cha daaaaaa’? Is it that one?

1 Like

Members of Sunset Rubdown are also in other bands like Wolf Parade, might be one of them?

1 Like

Good shout. I’m working from home most days, so I reckon if I listen to enough 00’s indie I’ll eventually find it!

1 Like

Non skateboarding post ahead:

Anyone here an electrician or know anything about ovens?

I’m useless at this stuff but if the electrics still work and your fan spins but it doesn’t get hot, the element is dead. And it’s easy, even I managed to swap it out

Easy to swap the element if you can get to it. The panel at the back will be attached with bolts, so you need to be able to get into the back of it to get it out so you can replace the element. Should be fine unless you live in a new build.

@hugo move to Oxford.

Might move closer to Oxford.

2 Likes

Loads of rad villages around here.

I’ve changed both the element and the thermostat with new but the problem persists.

The element won’t heat up, but, when on grill function, it does but it starts to give off smoke, even with the new element installed.