Pointless Topics

A playground parent who has a kid in the same class as my son asked me if I could help them fix two laptops.
Me being me, I said yes.
One took an entire day and sacrifice of a spare license key, the other, was a breeze.
They were chuffed with what I managed to sort them with because they could actually use the things again and then asked how much I wanted.
I kind of ripped myself of by only charging 20 quid.
I’m not much of a businessman.
I’m pretty sure I could have got away with more.

Ugh don’t get me started. I tell people now that despite working in the technology industry I’m rubbish with technology outside of the highly specific field I work in

Ha. Because of who I work for people assume I know shit loads about mobile phones or even their accounts.
Neither of which even hit my radar in my job role.

I’m curios where you work if you don’t mind me asking?

I used to get similar.

Vodafone

Ah makes sense, I told as few people as possible to avoid being bombarded with constant requests for technical support. I knew nothing anyway.

Most people in this town work for EE, massive call centre, tech support, etc. I don’t think anyone goes through the normal routes when dealing with shit, always someone on the inside.

Worst offenders happen to be my folks.

Anyone know anything about madness skateboards? Seems to be Sam Beckett’s new board sponsor. Team seems to be full of vert/tranny beasts, got some nice videos online.

Quite like this graphic:

Been keeping an eye out for an 8.25 from them. They’re a new company from dwindle.

Brand for the young breed of vert skaters/big transition riders seems like it fills a void

2 Likes

quite like that graphic, always used to skate almost boards as they were cheap & they were usually decent. would deffo skate that

I like that they do something different with the bottom ply outside of the graphics (split veneers, embossing ect) and their pro boards have the name stamped on the size of the board

Yeah those side decals are pretty cool. A bit snowboardy.

FYI In case anyone is wondering about the quality of those uniqlo Girl t’s, I got one and I’d say they’re as good as paying for an actual Girl T-shirt, which surprised me

There is def room in the market for Madness skateboards. I agree they fill a void that doesn’t have much representation in skating. Not like there are too many vert/big boi bowldawg brands out there. On the contrary to the mass of wannabe east coast style companies hopping on every trends dick, uk companies guilty especially.

I hope they make Nutty Boys bolts. You can have that one for free Dwindle

2 Likes

Can any of you old men recommend how to approach back pain? I tweaked mine on saturday thinking I could still do back tails. I’ve got pretty decent pain when walking or sitting down unless I’m really well supported at the back. The pain is mostly on the right side but will go across the whole back now and again, it also feel like there is a little bruised lump. I’m going to take it easy for a few days and see how it progresses but I dont really know what the protocol is for this, nhs chiropractor/gp?

fuck getting old

It could just be a knot, I used to get loads in my back when I was at bodybuilding professionally (going to the gym for 3 weeks). Cricket ball between back and wall, roll about.

Quick note on the back pain. I had back pain a few years ago and went to my GP. They told me I could self-refer to the physiotherapy centre at the Orthopedic hospital in Brum. Simply filled in a form and booked an appointment. I’m not sure if this system is the same in all areas, so it might be worth asking your GP