Pointless Topics

It’s not even some people’s best parts on there? Is MJ’s best part - FF (Yeah Right, ect)? Is Daewon’s - Skate More (The Daewon vs Rodney’s, Trilogy, ect)?

1 Like

The music helps PJ’s part along, and the fact that he came out of literally nowhere.

Chris Cole shouldn’t be on that list and Kalis in Mono was better that his Photosynthesis part.

Good job putting Wu Welsh up there though since it’s the best part ever made.

1 Like

Obviously a list like this is barely scratching the surface and ultimately no, you can’t definitively chose one part over 1000’s.

But, I like to approach shit like this for what it is and imagine nothing else exists outside of these brackets. For the sake of passing some time on the internet, imagine all of skateboarding is contained in this bracket - who has the best part?

1 Like

God I hated that music ahah.

Doesn’t help that the limewire rip I first saw of Mouse had the audio way higher for some reason

1 Like

I can’t really be arsed getting into this one but Based on cursory examination.

No Sean Sheffey in the Life video, no Blender from G&S footage and no Penny from High 5.

If skate videos were about being the ‘best’ rather than the most influential then Nyjah Ty Evans abortion would ‘objectively’ be the best video part ever.

Obviously it’s all for fun anyway and I’d still have PJ in the top 5/10

In short :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Yeah there is, I just declared it, it’s PJ Ladd. CAPEESH?

1 Like

His last line in WHL is arguably one the best put to video (I’m not saying it’s the best, just one of them).

2 Likes

LOL theres no Chris Dobstaff on that list so what’s the point.

In fact… Looking even closer there are NO parts from The Storm. Jesus fucking amateur hour christ. What a load of SHIT.

12 Likes

Maybe East Coast spots resonate more than LA schoolyards with some people.

1 Like

Fakie ollie up the curb > Guys whole part in Mouse

5 Likes

Guy is for boomers

5 Likes

Ok boomer

No I made a silly joke on a pointless topics thread. Of course I rate Mouse, I’m not a war criminal!

4 Likes

Not a take, just a suggestion, as implied by the use of maybe in my sentence.

So having an opinion different from yours makes one nuts? Er.

Of course we are. I didn’t even poke though, I was just wondering about what made people think a way or another.

PJ in the Coliseum vid and Gonz in Video Days are quite possibly my two favourite sections. And I like both of them equally.

2 Likes

Yeah but isn’t this about the best part ever? What anyone did before or after is irrelevant.

If I compare PJs part to Guy in Mouse PJ wins. I don’t think that’s a controversial opinion either lol. Clearly not everyone agrees but I reckon he’d get a majority…

I like both when it comes to footage. Boston has that raw feel we can relate to as Euros, crusty spots and gnarly winters, while LA is pretty much the Californian dream. I’m glad both exist.

1 Like

Have to say, as an observer this thread is fucking lolz.

“Okay boomer” x 2
“Things don’t get funnier if you say them twice”

4 Likes

The annoying thing is he called me a nerd twice.

Must have forgotten in his old age…

4 Likes

I’d bet a solid gold tenner that Alex De Tuna has never watched PJ’s part.

1 Like