Pointless Topics

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Want that

Good on him and all, but you’d honesty think he paid that £33million out of his own pocket.

4 Likes

Thank goodness someone said it.

I’m not going to write too much given that people are actually being prosecuted for doing so, and he himself deserves no criticism but instead appreciation and respect, but there does seem (to me at least) to be a bit of an excessive cult-ish devotion to the whole thing.

Real-term public health spending is (and has been) more than 3.5% below what it should be over the last decade. We’d need hundreds of Tom Moores to compensate that drop in spending.

Obviously I’m not for a second saying he’s not to be treated with anything other than admiration for his efforts, but there are very real and unfortunate reasons we find our health service having to patch up its holes… and we’re being distracted from it by stories like this.

6 Likes

People probably imagine that with the good Captain Sir’s effort, and all that clapping, that the gaping hole in NHS funding has somehow been filled. Now let’s see what’s on the other channel.

7 Likes

Exactly.

I genuinely don’t think people understand or have any appreciation for how much cash has been diverted from the NHS since Cameron’s time. To be fair, under Boris there is actually one of the largest NHS spending pledges in history.

I’m on mobile so I’ll pick this up another day perhaps.

4 Likes

The fact that a member of the public had to convince other members of the public to donate to something that they already pay for should say it all, but it doesn’t seem to.

5 Likes

Someone in Lanarkshire is going to appear in court for making a joke about him.

https://www.scotsman.com/read-this/man-has-been-been-charged-over-offensive-tweet-about-sir-captain-tom-moore-3128705

Anyone know what the tweet said?

Ahh, not falling for that one.

That’s how they get ya.

6 Likes

Something about how it’s good there’s another dead British soldier. Standard horrible sectarian shit.

Ah right. It’s still seems pointless to censor it. It gives the poster more coverage than he deserves. I also agree that the way captain Tom was portrayed was this weird media circus even what he did was clearly helpful but it won’t plug the deficit

What’s this about?

Crying.

Why did it make you sad? @anon86856945

Just watched it, looked very unprofessional for a brand. Stuff just all over the place

Yeah what a weird piece of content. Why did Jenkem even post it? It took longer to read the caption than it did to watch four guys buy some takeaway

If theyre in a commercial building fine but Id be fucking apoplectic with rage if some moustachioed dickhead built a flat bank in the flat above/below me and did a 90s street demo in there in the early hours when I was trying to watch the telly. Fuck that noise

Not really much different to that bit in Headcleaner where Badger and co had sirens on their heads fucking about with smoke machines.

Or, this Ali moment in Oxford:

They’re being evicted and the right age to go nuts for a night.
Let 'em live.

7 Likes

Mate, Im happy letting them live on the proviso theyre a good 40 miles away from me getting wine drunk on the sofa on a school night

3 Likes