Pointless Topics

Leave you board in the garden.

2 Likes

took a photo of my hall with wheel marks aplenty in a ‘i don’t care about your cast iron brolly stand’ kind of way and it turns out it looks awful and i do care.
will be painting this weekend then.

4 Likes

hahahaha

Try those white magic eraser bricks first, they’re really good and saves you having to paint half the wall

Just been mucking about on ifttt.com as I just discovered I can control volume of Sonos with Google Assistant/Google Home speaker and saw there are ifttt integrations for connected washing machines so you can make it play a chime or tune when washing machine has finished. Potential for hilarity and confused wife.

Slightly disappointed that AEG washing machine I have despite being connected to internet has no ifttt integration. I mean come on, man has walked on the fucking moon and this washing machine cost a lot of money

Outraged of Peterborough

4 Likes

I used IFTT once for my Phillips hue lights to turn blue when’s it raining. Unfortunately the first time it happened was 3 am.

2 Likes

OMG I would literally DIE if my washing machine disconnected from my wifi!!!

Also you shouldn’t put your keys on a table next to the door, some cunt just needs to smash one window panel to get them at let themselves in, or fuck off with your car. Heard of fishing rods with magnets on the end through the letterbox too.

keys are in the kitchen above the kettle, thanks.

This is idiot-proof. I just spent the past 3 days painting the hall/dining room white after stripping and sanding 40-50 years of anaglypta. Not doing any feature wall shite, so white it is.

That tape idea looks ok, along with the odd bit of elbow grease every few months.

use silk paint and a wetwipe to clean it every now and again

i’m disappointed you guys don’t do a full clean and service after a skate.

WTF is wrong with you?

3 Likes

I suppose another alternative is to rub your wheels all over your hallway walls until they are covered completely with marks and hey presto, any new marks just blend in

Mine stays in that temps mort bag dude was selling on here, until I go skating.

I just switch to a new set of wheels after every session

1 Like

I just buy a new house after every session.

6 Likes

I literally hospitalised myself painting my entrance porch white.

So your point stands.

Haha, what the fuck… Explain yourself.

They were talking about hard brexit on the radio while you were doing it, right?

It was in the pre referendum glory days of 2015 when I’d just bought my house.

I was standing on an ancient plastic garden chair doing the ceiling when I painted over my head too much. I lost my balance, the chair tipped forward and I fell horizontally straight onto it where it fucking exploded into a 1000 pieces beneath my heft.

I got up and thought that was stupid but I’d actually finished the ceiling with my last swipe so went to go back to do more of the living room.

My trouser leg I noticed was caked in the grey paint I’d been using. But then I realised I’d been doing the white at the time…

I pulled my trousers down and there was a thumb sized hole in my thigh and where a bit of the chair had just burst a bit of flesh out of my leg. What I thought was grey paint was a stream of blood down my leg.

I gathered all my bits and walked back to the flat I was renting at the time a few streets over and got my missus to drive me up to A and E.

It was too deep for stitches so I had to have a general anaesthetic the next morning so they could cut more stuff around the hole so they could stitch it up.

A painting and decorating calamity. Use a step ladder kids.

2 Likes

Goddamn…