Pointless Topics

Does anyone else do 360 flips with their phone when they’re walking around?

Ive got a nice flick on them now but pretty much all my phone damage is from missing the catch

2 Likes

Yeah, and hardflips.

Better than tech deckin that

2 Likes

I’m glad it’s not just me. Remote controls too - Samsung TV remotes have the best flick

Yup.

Ha, there’s a YouTube tutorial.
You can even have sketchy tre flips with a mobile.

Trick of the week 8 incoming…

3 Likes

Nothing is better than the old style sky remotes. The weight was perfection.

3 Likes

yeah if you’re a longboarder.

3 Likes

Unreal

In the market for an antiperspirant that doesn’t wreck your clothes by slowly but surely leaving a build-up of weird residue on them.

Dove Invisible Dry

https://www.superdrug.com/Dove/Dove-Invisible-Dry-Anti-Perspirant-Deodorant-250ML/p/404276

i use Salt of the earth deodorant.
it ain’t in the 99p section of asda mind.

Mitchum, scent-free and stain-free, I rate it
Also a bonus that it’s called Mitchum so you start the day by thinking of the late great Robert Mitchum

2 Likes

Lynx Africa, and people tell me I smell nice all the time.

3 Likes

33 seconds

4 Likes

Don’t need to watch that to tell you that that’s where forum member Voodoo got his name from.

2 Likes

Anyone watched that Doc on IPlayer ‘8 Days - To The Moon and Back’?

Watched it last night and I sat there with my mouth open in taking in the fucking skill and gargantuan testes on those 3 men. The whole re-docking, and the overriding the autopilot when it looked like they would over shoot the designated landing area, Jesus Christ. Check it out if you haven’t watched it, it was well good.

Will check it out, I love docs and films like that. Just rewatched Apollo 13 with my kid the other night, still a great film and such a clusterfuck of a mission.
Edit - it never ceases to amaze me just how on the edge all space missions actually are - to think how the moon missions were run with computers weaker than the average smartphone.

Thats because we didn’t go to the moon.

Hehehe.

2 Likes

Yeah, It’s crazy to think about how primitive the guidance systems were compared to what we have now. We do some amazing stuff, us humans, along with all the negative stupid stuff. Those dudes had nerves of folded steel. Gagarin too; he almost died but somehow managed to get himself re-pressurised in time.
I didn’t know that the US have had manned missions back to the Moon, a couple of times. I thought we only did it once.

The BBC get a lot of flak but they do make some absolutely stunning programming sometimes. I was blown away by that doc.

You may have already come across it given your interest but if you haven’t, I totally recommend reading ‘The Right Stuff’ by Tom Wolfe. So good on everything you’ve just mentioned.