Pointless Topics

The film is also really really good

1 Like

Not heard of this Magpie, i’ll check it out - thanks!

Chuck Yeager is a total don.

Had his Advanced Flight Trainer for the C64. Seemed like a ruler in that.

1 Like

There was a lovely little nod to the Right Stuff in ‘Captain Marvel’ where she is in the Blockbuster video rental store - she picks up a copy and looks at it.

Is BOSR still about? Haven’t seen or heard anything from him since before the demise of the old forum. His random stories, pearls of wisdom and leftfield view on things always went down well. Hope him and his family are doing ok anyway.

He liked a post of mine on insta yesterday, assume he’s safe.

I heard somewhere that the computer power calculating the first moon landing was about 100kb.

Pretty much. Your phone has a fuckton more computational power, but NASA’s guidance computer wasn’t likely to randomly crap out, hang or require a reboot after a background update.

“Neil Armstrong, astronaut
He had balls bigger than King Kong
First big suit on the moon
And he’s off to play golf”

There’s a group skating the spot outside my window, and I’m trying to work and it’s actually a really annoying sound.

Karma, I guess

4 Likes

shout “do a kickflip”

1 Like

I love the sound of skateboarding - it’s like white noise for me.

Assuming everything is landed.

Nothing was landed

Was looking at online maps of Naples as a potential holiday destination and the first street view I looked at was this spot from a Sidewalk cover with Chris Oliver 50-50ing the rail.

1 Like

Yeah and also no talking or congratulating.

Actually now I hate it.

1 Like

I went on holiday to Sorrento with my family around 2004 and remember trying to bum slide down that rail after seeing the cover, Chroliver made it look so easy whereas I stacked it

1 Like

Go there. I went to the Amalfi coast in the early 2000s. Such an amazing place.