Pointless Topics

Just paid 99p (+ 89p P&P) for a 1986 Panini sticker of a footballer with the same name as me.

Realised the seller would notice my name when he got the payment and felt like a bit of a fanny so I messaged straight away to say thanks and that the sticker was a present for somebody.

Now obviously he’ll still see my name anyway but he’ll read that stupid message too. Feel even more of a fanny now.

24 Likes

Amazing, thank you!

ahhh yeah fair, second baby due early september so if we do go this year latest it’ll be is probably july i think, buzzing to see the edit anyway! tbf i’m planning this out in my head but i’m not sure if i can actually persuade myself to do a 4.5 hour drive with a heavily pregnant wife and a 2 year old yet aha

2 Likes

They’ll probably think you’re the footballer, I would, haha.

4 Likes

Oh wow! September will come around quicker than you know it!
Thank you, it’s shaping up nicely so far, we just need to keep the momentum going with the filming missions.
Our aim is to premiere it in January.

1 Like

Oh yeah. That’s amazing. Of course! Stoked now.

When eBay was new a customer at my old work sold a copy of the Ghostbusters theme to Ray Parker Jr.

5 Likes

Nice one J.R. Hartley.

7 Likes

I know we’re all woke as fuck now and we left that thread behind, but fuck me Rachel Khoo is an absolute worldie.

1 Like

Just googled her. Her style is interesting - sort of conservative 50s housewife attire exterior but for some reason she gives me rockabilly vibes too.

Probably the headscarves

Clip for clip, is Frank stephens the uk’s most prolific skater?
Part for part even.

2 Likes

I think in that recent Baines interview, Anon said he’d worked out it was a tie between Frank, Joe Gavin and Baines.

5 Likes

Aye, that was a few years ago mind but I think it’s probably still true.
Joe G probably slightly in the lead

It probably changes day to day now. : (

It doesn’t count if no one cares. (Hop King edits)

3 Likes

How many parts was Frank worked out to have?
I want to say 27 but seeing that in writing sounds ridiculous

yeah i think that was last count but it’s gone up since mondon and co have re-upped forgotten ipswich videos

I believe Duane Peters invented it and named it after Independent trucks. He only did them backside in a very particular way so the trick was a backside back hand grab rather than the grab itself. Kinda like how Tony Hawk invented the Madonna, and the trick has to have the tail smack to be called that, as that’s the trick he did and called it as such, not the grab itself

Also similar to the Cab, it’s named after what Steve Cab did as a signature thing, not the name of a fakie 360 spin which is why people argue nollie cab or frontside cab is the wrong name for it

5 Likes

…or like how a method is backside and the same trick done frontside is a lien - both done first by Blender.

1 Like

Yeah an Indy air is so much harder than a frontside air too! And feels completely different as a body movement. Same with a Lien air and a backside air, totally different feeling tricks.

1 Like