Pointless Topics

In that I’m cool with using AirBnB as I’ve used them before a few times, but I understand you may not be comfortable with this if you haven’t.

1 Like

Air bnb is rad. I use it regularly.

My wife and I stayed in an apartment Paris and the guy we rented off was super cool told us which bakery had the shortest queue in the morning, which restaurants to avoid, etc…

That was a trip without kids, but all my Air BnB experiences have been great. It’s worth a look to check availability around your trip.

2 Likes

Camping in Newquay.
Weather is a bit rough and about to get worse.
Last night was pretty intense.
Oh, and there was an earthquake down in Falmouth which was felt in Hayle and Camborne.
We had already left the area about an hour or so before but heard people calling into the local radio station about it.
Overnight there was a landslide at one of the beaches back here in Newquay.
Pretty eventful.
Was supposed to go for a surf today but all advice is to stay clear of the beaches.

Air bnb has been good for us too.
Got a wicked place in Manila as a stop over a couple of years back before heading on elsewhere.
Used one in Sweden last year and it suited our needs.

1 Like

Heard that Boardmasters is cancelled too.

Bloody hell Mush - hope you’ve put your tent up properly!

I’m bringing my family down there (well, Cornwall) on next week and have been keeping an eye on the weather.

Staying in an Airbnb place as it goes.

If this doesn’t put you off camping, nothing will - stay safe!!

I live in Falmouth. Didn’t feel anything and had a few reports from people in Helston about it. Weird stuff.
Glad you didn’t get blown away last night. Sounded rough at about 1-2am.

Yes, I heard it on the news yesterday morning.
Organisers made the call quite close to when gates were due to open.

There’s hell up about it!! First time it’s been cancelled since it started in 81. I think the surf comp is still going on, but no music festival. Was going to try and blag a ticket.

We’re bailing.
Kids going to my mums round the corner while we come back and pack away.
We almost lost our porch so decided to can it.
It’s not been anywhere near as bad forecasts would have you believe but I don’t doubt it will get crazy again.

1 Like

Ha. Skate tourist moment although I’ve walked by this thing stacks of times.

1 Like

Got a magistrates court fine for £575 and I have no idea what for. Has anyone else had this happen? Maybe it’s a speeding ticket but can’t find any trace of the initial letter.

Your first speeding fine is more likely to be £100 and three points, so I wouldn’t think it’s that.

Not been paying your council tax?

This is correct.
Or go to a speeding course for half a day and pay £85 for it.

Is it a scam?

I’m not sure. Will have to see what the court says on Monday when I phone them. It’s very mysterious.

Council tax has been paid and no one else in my house has gotten one. I actually got a council tax refund from an older property I was in a few years ago.

Like, is it asking for payment somewhere sketchy or anything

Back home again.
Definitely made the right decision to pack up early.
Shame it cut our holiday short by 5 days though.
Better safe than sorry.
On the plus side, left the kids with my Mum while me and the Mrs went and ate our own weight in seafood and drink lots of wine, our first quality time together with out children in at least 2 or 3 years.

4 Likes

Not trying to be funny but what does Skate & Destroy even mean?

2 Likes