Pointless Topics

Not giving a fuck.

Go on tour and set fire to the ramps?

1 Like

If you have to ask you will never get it. So if you find out pls let me know.

2 Likes

Vulcanised shoes

3 Likes

I’ve got an ancient Thrasher T-shirt at home that sums it up pretty well.

It’s a diatribe about how, when learning to skate, you don’t really get anywhere until you overcome caring about scratching up your board, the kerb, or your face as you eat gravel like John Cardiel.

I’ll post it later if I remember.

My 2c I’d rather have an Air BNB than a hotel, you get better locations and it’s more your own place

2 Likes

Serviced apartment also good alternative, that way you get your own kitchen etc and can leave the place in a fucking state without being embarassed by daily room service

1 Like

I never really got the Skate & Destroy thing. It sounds so corny.

Airbnb is rad. Used it 6 or 7 times and was never disappointed.
I got a fantastic flat with an amazing back garden about 100 meters from Stockwell (3 minutes away from Brixton tube station) for less than the price of a half decent hotel room in zone 2 last month. No hotel could beat that (well, no hotel in the price range I can afford).

Totally. Most of the AirBnB’s I’ve stayed in have been absolutely banging. A handful have been a bit meh (yeh, that’s you UK), main thing though is when you’ve got kids they need to be in a separate room or you’re stuck in darkness and silence from 9pm or something daft. Stayed in a hotel for 1 night last year with the lady and the boy, never again, unless it’s for an early flight or something.

Backing serviced apartments. As much as AirBnB feels like your own, you know it isn’t and that’s somebody else’s stuff. And neighbours. Serviced apartments must have seen the lot, they don’t give a shit.

2 Likes

Keep looking on here to see if that Suciu part is out yet. Anyone know when it’s out?

This reminded me of the wolf fleece thread on the old forum, taken from form dist Insta so presume it is real

1 Like

I thought this lot went out of business about 20 years ago but apparently still open (just not today) in Ilford shopping mall

3 Likes

They’ve gone from cool to shite pretty damn quick

(Edit - Girl that is, Spud-U-Like will always be rad)

Properly went out of business about 2 weeks ago.

Can anyone remember footage of someone doing a frontside shuv, frontside nose grind , front rev out?
or the the same backside; backside shuv, backside nosegrind, back rev out. Not straight onto to the block but from the side. Thanks

Yes, I remember this, and it looked beautiful. Never seen it since. Maybe PJ Ladd? Was years ago.

Whose up for trying one and filming it? curbs count. I’m going to try and learn that. Such a dope trick.

Pretty sure I have had one in the past on our local curb. Learned front shove nosegrinds and switch ones at the same time both with reverts but never took those things to anything bigger than that curb.
wracking my brain to think of who has done them on film. I can see someone doing one in a line, someone tech but fairly stylish, i’m thinking the North Video for some reason but that is a wild hunch.