Pointless Topics

Franc - Thinking about it is it just going to be your designs? Or will she sell other designs too? If it’s all you bdf is closer to the mark I’d say

1 Like

Plus the paint/ink and her time printing them. It depends if you want to lose the right to your image or not? She could then sell it on, or keep licensing it out once she’s bought it.

2 Likes

She has her own company and this stuff is gonna be a collab with both our names on it.

I think I’d rather keep the designs as mine.

Or we could deduct the price of the bags, ink and her time spent printing off what we make then do 50/50 with what’s left, which is kinda like 60/40 I reckon. Hhmmm…

Drove at 65 tonight, found it very pleasant.

3 Likes

So then you’re licensing her to use your work. This can be over a time period, or indefinitely, locally, nationally or globally. You willl need to get a quick contract/written agreement about this, specifying who pays for the bags, who gets what percentage, etc., so look into what agreements and licensing commercial illustrators tend to use.

It sounds cold and sterile now, but will save a huge amount of shit further down the line. Best way to look at it is a written arrangement about your project which will pretty much give you both a good idea what’s expected from each of you.

1 Like

Have done both with people in the past. It really depends how much profit there is to split…it’s often way less that you might think.

An average t-shirt run of c.50-100 shirts sold at £20 retail might generate £10-12 profit depending on how many you print, blank t quality, giveaways, how long they take to sell, etc…

Add extra colours/sleeve logos/labels and your margin goes right down to £6-8.

If you have to sell them at trade you generate less profit but it’s quicker and easier. Half your profit at least…in most cases for small ‘brands’ trade price doesn’t work.

Most artists expect £100-200 for a design. You can do the maths and work out how many you need to sell to pay more than that…and even then it takes aaaaaaages to sell through sometimes.

Just work with her and keep your options open I’d say.

1 Like

Reminded me of this video.

2 Likes

This genuinely will change your life if you live near a motorway. You basically get on there, pick a lane and you’re happy. It’s so good.

5 Likes

Yer I don’t do it straight away. Usually drive at 90, should slow down.

The worst tailgaters are the ones who do it when you’re actually overtaking or seem to think you should weave back into tiny gaps between slower cars to let them pass. I must admit that in that case I’ll lift off and take an absolute fucking age to overtake the cars on the left while their impotent rage builds.

3 Likes

9 Likes

One thing I love about driving in parts of Europe is people keeping right (left for the uk) when cars approaching from behind.
That common courtesy means the roads are a joy to drive as they flow so well.

People in the uk. Just gonna sit in the middle lane and fuck everyone off.

7 Likes

My father in law is the worst person I’ve ever seen for driving up people’s arses. Just so aggro and so pointless.

I hate driving in steady traffic, looking in my mirror and not even being able to see the bonnet of the car behind. I can’t go faster and you can’t overtake so back the fuck off you knob.

It’s the most pointless piece of bad driving I encounter all the time. It gets you nowhere and if you shunt someone in the rear you will be found at fault.

Top 3 shittest drivers I encounter on the motorway are lorries, plumbers and sky blue BMWs.

3 Likes

4 lane motorways are the worst. People who pull on to the motorway to sit in lane 3 straight away when lane 2 is empty. And there’s usual a row of these brains in lane 3 when lane 2 is empty.

No wonder it makes a Wild West of driving.

I find it quicker to stay in lane 1 and 2 where you actually pass all those idiots battling it out to get past each other,
Especially round the m25 . They’re jammed up at 60/65 and you’re doing 65/70. So pointless.

I’m just waiting until we’re all going to have self driving cars so as not to deal with any of this shit. I get stressed easily by the things you guys are mentioning and that’s even when I’m the passenger in a car.

So about 20 years of waiting then .

Fuck me dude today, outside Lane 65. Got undertaken by so many people.

Could go on and on about motorway drivers, I wish people got lessons on them or there was a mandatory motorway test.

My new car accelerates well at high speeds so it’s easy enough to get around people that are driving dangerously slow in the wrong lane.

I’m trying to be less angry about stuff like that though, it’s not good to rage at stuff you can’t control.

1 Like

I don’t see that as a problem, if it was all about the fun of driving then most cars wouldn’t be boring FWD boxes or SUVs. I think for most people cars are just transport or transport and status symbols and there’s no reason to think self driving would change that.

But the reason it’s not happening soon is that actually making a self driving car that can cope with things like poorly marked roads and insane traffic is really, really hard and nobody is actually that close. They’ve been “95% of the way there” for ages now and all those situations in the last 5% are proving almost impossible to deal with.