Pointless Topics

They were waaaay more Mark Goodier than John Peel.

Fashion Crisis Hits New York was always the one for me.

1 Like

Was there not a chat about going to gigs that are near to your house?
Going to see nick cave on Saturday that is a 3 minute walk away. 7 minutes if I stop for chips.

5 Likes

Reckon there’s a correlation between IQ and how hard you slam a door that doesn’t need to be slammed…? Ie my fuckin neighbor

3 Likes

Is dying to live era zero emerging as the next trend? And if so, will habitat mosaic corduroys and fever to tell by the yeah yeah yeahs be popular again?

3 Likes

Jack o grady is setting the bar with crazy rail skating and fashionable handrail skaters like Ben kadow appeal to the current little kids who are sucked into this y2k spice girls meets Marilyn Manson look that they think 1999 was all about. These kids will start to get abit more into skating over being a wacky teen and begin to tone down the outfits but will still retain a wink of their pseudo goth quirks. They will be 20 somethings that grew up on big handrail skating and wear AFI band tee shirts.

The next generation will naturally rebel against this and hang up the handrails for tasteful tech and murky browns and greens. The diy lotties crude drawing aesthetic will be shunned and we will bathe in clean cut digital titles and board graphics made of collages of various woodland textures.

I’m spent

7 Likes

Was just talking about that to anybody who’ll pretend to listen. Fuck those clothes. Absolute worst era in skateboarding in every way.

1 Like

The stripey t-shirt and cords I mean.

2 Likes

Big pair of honking Emerica.

Cardigans and painters caps in 2006. Fuck that was rough

2 Likes

Well buckle in mate, the waves about to hit.

I was just trying to work out what will come next. Genuine question; when the cyclical nature of trends catches up with modern day, what happens next?
There must examples of this happening in other cultures right?

2 Likes

I know it goes in cycles, but I want to see something totally different. The stranger the better. I’ll still dress like a boring gimp but I hope everyone one else looks something like this…
3cca2cc59436a115924df8c61d2bd720

3 Likes

It’s not though. People will always be into the sixties, people will always be into the seventies. The nineties thing isn’t going away. Whatever other absolute garbage might try to come along.

I just want people to realise (for the tenth time in skateboarding history) that bonelesses, pressure flips and darkslides aren’t good and hardflips generally fucking stink and focusing on being ‘creative’ generally just means you skate slow and can’t do stuff that is actually fun to do.

3 Likes

A fait amount of skaters in their late 20s/early-mid 30s are still quite into that whole PD/Zero/Foundation That’s Life thing when it comes to clothes here. Skinny black jeans, black tees, black shoes. Meh.

I don’t even care how they dress, pseudo freestyle is wank.

1 Like

Get this man a pint.

2 Likes

A lot of men in their mid 30s who were really into heroin skateboards doing flat topped feeble grinds on ledges just felt a cold shiver pass through them

2 Likes

At least they were moving though, right? I think Todd falcon must feel like Donald trump right now. Being met with derision and ridicule everywhere you go for decades, next minute all the kids are on your side and you’re hailed as some sort of pioneer.

The skateboarding subreddit is a perfect example of this environment if anyone’s curious - it won’t ruin your Instagram algorithm.

What clip is this in?

Fuck, Buildafire really hates me.