Pointless Topics

It’s so fucking weird, everyone thinks they’re Warren Buffet.

This girl I used to work with quit her job to be an influencer, doing fitness stuff. That’s fine, maybe still a bit cringe I guess, but whatever. I obviously still follow her because most of her stories are her in a bikini.

She’s recently started doing this weird Forex stuff. I’m convinced it’s MLM. Posting about these ridiculous gains that she’s making, literally blatant lies like she’s making 80k a month and some of her followers are making even more. Back when we were mates there’s no way she would have know what Forex even was. No crypto yet but it can’t be long.

3 Likes

70-80% of all Forex traders lose money.

Which is why she’s shilling these companies on some kind of affiliate deal.

Worse than gambling in some sense since you can lose more than what you initially deposit.

Dangerous.

3 Likes

For dome reason I keep getting some absolute bellend doing kickflips with weights tied round his neck recommended on mine

Nice to hear Weck is still skating

1 Like

Says the rich white privileged bloke who made his dough working in the gambling sector?! Get off your shetland pony.

You do make me laugh quite regularly on how far from reality you seem to be. Granted some time you make fairly impressive steps towards being a ‘woke bloke’ but jeez ma man.

I lost all my money gambling and am an advocate for promoting it responsibly because it can be fun for a lot of people.

Forex trading is dangerous.

4 Likes

Also, welcome to the forum. The more the merrier.

Am happy to be put in my place but I can assure you I work very hard on trying to be a good person despite maybe being outspoken or occasionally out of touch.

15 Likes

Impressive first post @disk :joy::joy::joy:

Trying to guess whose second account this is

3 Likes

If I’m not in the top 5 of posters that lurkers hate, I’m doing something wrong!

Thanks mate.

1 Like

Hugo, genuine question. Why is having a little bit of fun at the bookies OK, but having a bit of fun on forex bad? Going to be honest, I don’t do either (apart from a few 50p bets at the dogs about 5 years ago).

Although I did come up trumps a while ago on Bitcoin. A mate told me to put a few quid in and forget about it for 6 months, I’d just had a Christmas bonus so put £200 in and I made a nice lump. Took it out and I’m still using that lump for the odd holiday :slightly_smiling_face:
I have no idea of the pros & cons of cryptocurrency except that I made a few quid. I think I’d have really struggled to come up trumps if I’d walked into Ladbrokes with £200 in my pocket.

1 Like

Because you can’t lose more than your initial deposit.

When you put a trade in you can be liable for more than you have in an account. You’d get a margin call but yeah, I know of people who’ve leveraged more than they can chew.

1 Like

You’re in the top 5 of posters that posters hate!

That IS a joke by the way, just couldn’t leave it unsaid.

Ah right. Sounds like it has the potential to go pretty pear shaped.

1 Like

You have to answer a couple of questions and pass a credit check to open a forex trading account because of this.

Easiest way to think of it is that you can put £100 in a trade but your balance won’t stop at £0, you can wake up and your position puts you at -£1000.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s volatile and fun as fuck but it will eventually get you as it does 70-80% of people.

I think they actually have to put that in the bottom of the adverts.

You’re deffo in the top posters people DM me about to laugh at, jokes!

1 Like

It looks like a good way for the brokers to make a lot of money with minimal risk, while the punters get rinsed.
I’m out lol