Pointless Topics

Yup! At least I saved one person haha.

Bookies also dangerous though!

First hand experience.

People do like to snigger behind the scenes, that’s fine, it’s kinda fun again in here, somehow got a bit of edge back, was far too polite for too long.

1 Like

About time we had some new posters. We need a 2022 recruitment drive

1 Like

Possibly because no ones immediately getting their head bitten off for voicing their opinions at the moment…

6 Likes

Yep, I remember reading a few years ago on here (I’m a long time lurker :slightly_smiling_face:) that you had a bit of trouble. I had an Uncle who lost everything to gambling but never recovered.
Gambling just isn’t for me. When the national lottery started I spent £20 on scratchies and got a £5 back. I then spent the £5 on more scratchies and went to zero. The disappointment was so overwhelming I’ve never bought one again.
I did go to bingo once and that was a laugh, but don’t think that counts :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Come on @hugo you know I love you

I’d say retail trader failure rate is probably a bit higher, that’s the lowest I’ve ever seen quoted, I think it’s more like 98%. Trading is hard! Much like gambling though you are dealing with probabilities all the time and experience is a huge part of it.

I watched some dickhead youtuber try trading out and he put 40% down for his first trade. Well done mate, that’s nearly 3 bad trades and you’re done. I only risk max 2% a trade.

1 Like

I appreciate that you are living proof that you can gamble responsibly, but advocating for responsible gambling is the same as turning a freight train round… it will take absolutely ages for it to run its new course.

In black or white world gambling conglomerate are fucked. And there turnover is gross. Not saying that NFT’s Crypto or young entrepreneurs are any less disgusting but as far as Im concerned they are in the same pond.

2 Likes

Not entirely sure what your point is, but I like the analogy about freight trains.

Gambling is ok, it’s a personal choice and people should be free to do it if they want to. I think the gambling industry should pay to pick up the pieces when it causes harm though. And people should receive education about gambling, investing and money management in general at school.

5 Likes

He’s literally the living proof of you can’t, but anyway, judge away… I’m sure his point was the stakes are always stacked against you, some more than others?

2 Likes

Fair, but I’m not shilling it personally and we pay a lot of tax.

No I’m the opposite. I attend gamblers anonymous every week and now I’m 2.5 years without a bet am there to help other problem gamblers.

They all know where I work.

1 Like

Ah fair, thats good of you to be helping others through it man, assume it probably helps you too.

You are a woke bloke.

2 Likes

Yes it serves as a constant reminder that I’m 1 bet away from financial and emotional ruin.

1 Like

You sure about that? there is a constant pile on pretty often. Granted people are playing up to that now and poking the bears which is kinda fun.

I miss BEAR02

7 Likes

Don’t you have to write that in all capitals?

3 Likes

Treated myself to a really long shoe horn. Don’t even have to bend down to use it. Feels like a servant is helping ease you into your shoes instead of cramming your feet in and squashing the heel support flat all the time.

10 Likes

Thats living

Where did you get it? You reminded me I need one.

As a data person I’ve been approached so many times by Bet365 to work for them.

Fuck that. Tainted money. Couldn’t live with myself.

I’m sure I’d be well paid, no doubt more than what I earn now - every time I’m like ‘nope, its the principle. I’m not into it and do not want any part of it’.