Pointless Topics

Shouldn’t really be wasting time on my phone while on holiday but stopping into say that the all inclusive had a video of a scooter sessioning el toro playing in the background on a big screen by the swimming pool night before last.
Weird.

5 Likes

Instagram updated on my phone earlier and now looks / feels different.

The feed is snapping into place when I scroll, colour co-ordinated backgrounds instead of white and it’s like the pictures are tinted.

Make it stop.

1 Like

anyone ever seen a pressure flip above coping on vert?

Flat bottom landing anyone?!?

1 Like

Either that or hang up and die

1 Like

The Hop King stuff made me chuckle.

4 Likes

That fucking intro, amazing.

3 Likes

With me being thirty years older than this guy means I don’t necessarily see eye to eye with his tier list ‘hot takes’ on things but they’re generally good for a giggle. I guess it works both ways though as he didn’t get that Mason’s graphic was a nod to a James Kelch graphic from way back before dude was born.

As mentioned, the Hop King thing and Skate Moss intro was pretty funny. As was his piece on Disorder and in particular that ‘Chaos’ graphic and the Bidhouse/Ethan Loy’s enlightenment. There’s some other bits that had me chuckling and furrowing my brow in equal measure. It’s worth sitting through it for sure.

1 Like

That’s the thing I thought too, so much history goes over his head and makes his ‘funny remarks’ look a little stupid at times.

5 Likes

Gifted Hater is very on the ball with current skateboarding and I really enjoy his videos. But as someone who obviously cares a lot about skating he does sometimes lack a bit of knowledge about previous generations.

I think if he knew a bit more it would make his criticisms even more valid, and also entertaining

4 Likes

But it’s also quite revealing that someone as in tune with the times as him isn’t tuned in to the history of skating to the degree most of us are. We are literally relics of a bygone era. Cobblers, chimney sweeps and lamplighters all.

4 Likes

I took this quick photo of my son a few years back…

6 Likes

for those that don’t get the reference, James Kelch Real

7 Likes

Yup makes perfect sense now!

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Enjoyable, but this dude is punching well above his weight sponsor-wise.

5 Likes

Probably stupid question. What is this sticker? Got it at dadlands.

1 Like

Ed syder’s secret curb club.
His artistry is amazing. I can’t think who I could compare him to but he has a great understanding of depth and use of shadows.

I believe the insta is @secretcurbclub

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

1 Like

You probably already know but that sticker’s a nod to the SMA Gizmos artwork

As a side note, these Ed Syder books are cool.

(Foreword by @buildafire in both cases).

9 Likes