Pointless Topics

I somehow ended up seeing the end of Metronomy’s set the other week, fuck that was painful

That’s kraftwerk if they didn’t skate

Mad BMX pupeki

3 Likes

That was a casual Wimbledon win.

Rewatching Never Say Never Again with Connery reprising Bond in 1983. He’s just jumped a horse with Kim Basinger on the back over the ramparts of African castle into the sea. Fully a 100m drop. Not a scratch. Even the wig survived. It really bottomed out as a series here didn’t it.

2 Likes

That was the weird one where it was nothing to do with the brocollis and so isn’t part of the actual series. Weird lawsuits and all sorts.

1 Like

Makes sense. I don’t think I’ve actually seen this one before. It’s like a Partridge spoof

Isnt it a remake of thunderball?

“Stop getting Bond wrong!”

Ha it is budget bond especially with the gadgets. Connery did it cos he was pissed at the slapstick moore. What a mistake a to make a. It is better than daltons stuff

Aw I like dalton.

1 Like

I mentioned in the BATB thread that Koston keeps popping up on surf and skimboard related things…Now he’s got his own signature Gonz collab dry-robe :thinking:

And an accompanying 90’s football shape slick.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hmfJ9HNphiE

Deck looks fun. Goes without saying that the dry robe is dumb af :joy:

Fun fact: Paloma Faith did the voice for one of the characters in a pilot episode for an animated series I made years ago. The series never got made.

1 Like

Anyone here live in Brighton? I’m opposite the level.

3 Likes

Eh, pretty sure they would have checked his bags beforehand.
NASA endorsed bants.

1 Like

Im going to a festival this month for the first time since the early 2000’s.

What’s the essential kit these days?

2 Likes

Solar powered phone charger (or fuck off big battery thing). 15 pairs of socks, because if its a scorcher its nice to change them in the afternoon.
We’ve been going to the kid friendly festivals the last 5-6 years, when covid has let us, and theyre fucking rad. Much less knobheads, food is more fairly priced and the kids get loads of independence in a safe environment.
What festival you going to?

Yes! Cheers. I wouldn’t have thought of the phone thing. Last time i went to one was way pre-smartphone.

It’s this: https://nozstock.com/

Sounds terrible tbh but it’s for a mates stag and I haven’t been or done anything like this in years. We’re in our mid 30s now so hopefully it won’t be too horrible…

3 Likes

Over 45s edition:

Travel urinal so you can go for a slash in the tent in the middle of the night if needed

Sudocreme in case it’s f-in hot and you get chafing from walking around all day in jeans

Hat (not a bucket hat unless you want to look like every lad in the place - they also all have the diagonal strap man bag / roadman bag)

Cash in case machines go down

Earplugs to drown out sounds of nos binging in next tent

3 Likes