Pointless Topics

Loads of wet wipes. Environmentally not so great, but at least you can have a bed bath each morning.

2 Likes

Get a camper van……

Failing that….

A 4 wheeled camping trolley, you only want 1 trip from the car and the last thing you want to be doing on the last day is hauling everything back manually.

Tins of beef ravioli , breakfast cereal bars and instant noodles . When you’ve beer munchies at night and hang over in the morning, these will amazingly bridge the gap much needed at those moments .
Bring your own bog roll.
Decent quality air bed. It will be a god send .
Gaviscon tablets .
Don’t bring too many clothes , you will become a dirty stop out quicker than you think.

Also all I do the above , especially ear plugs . The NOS sessions in campsites are comedy, can be like a mating call between crews

2 Likes

This. Doubles are pretty cheap too.
Maybe a cheap fold up trolley for dragging stuff from the car?
And +1 for ear plugs

No matter how close you think your car is (I’m talking about glasto at the moment) don’t think ‘oh I’ll just pop back and get that slab of beer’, because you won’t because it’s so fucking far away.

1 Like

Always leave a couple 5 litre water in the car plus shower gel and a towel, well worth it at smaller festivals where you can walk back easily. Proper sorts you out on minimal kip.

2x portable chargers minimum

Decent earplugs

Obvious one but bring actual headphones, always stick a nice ambient playlist on when I’m ready to kip.

I’ve just paid for posh camping from like 2015 onwards, works out alright when you split it between a load way less hassle and they provide airbeds anyway. A lot cooler (no pun intended) waking up in a yurt compared to a tent as well ain’t it

Hide your drugs properly (if bringing of course) as pretty sure security have wised on to the roll on deo trick since I last went to a festival in 2018 :joy:

3 Likes

I didn’t bother hiding mine at Glastonbury. Just hoped I wouldn’t get stopped. A guy stopped me at the search area, I didn’t flinch just went alright man? He said “can I get a fist bump”. V funny m8

2 Likes

Thinking about it this time we did have the gfs air bed which is probably why we got decent sleep which never used to be the case for me

1 Like

Chopper has it down. Trolley is good but get one with big wheels because if it rains the small wheel ones get clogged with mud and become useless.

Loads of weed, a PAX vape so you can sneak a few hits without anyone noticing, as many cans as you can carry and some cereal bars.

Not an air bed person myself, I find them really annoying and hot to sleep on. I’ve got one of those self inflating air mats, they’re sick.

1 Like

I got one of these , very handy as a table in the tent porch when you drop the sides .

3 Likes

Looks good. Do not buy one like this:

The forks get plugged with mud and grass and the wheels won’t turn.

Right scribbling notes here. good shit. Thanks.

You can bring as many cans in as you want right?

1 Like

Depends on the festival. Usually no glass bottles.

Yeah usually campsite booze and depending on which festival they may let you take it in to the arenas . Some don’t tho .

If you look at clause 31 ticket terms and conditions on their website it’s campsite booze only .

I remember year ago working at NASS and the amount of booze they confiscated off the under 18’s was insane haha . Best part was we all got to drink it at the crew party , there was so much that I don’t even think they got through half .

2 Likes

This is a bit of a counter intuitive tip and not in the spirit of a stag do but I had a much better festival last time not bringing loads of booze. If I have 8 cans on me I’ll drink them pretty quickly (and the rest) and end up well hungover which ruins the rest of the weekend for me. Just sticking to pints bought at the bar was far better.

5 Likes

Yeah I did this funnily enough the last time I was at Noz. They did cocktails and this mulled cider. Fair to say I got pretty wrecked during the day from doing that haha.

I didn’t bring booze annoyingly and someone in the crew who was selling crates of largs only had Strongbow Dark Fruits, horrid stuff.

1 Like

Just checked and I can bring in a slab with me. Mmm. 4 cold ones, 3 lukewarm ones and 17 increasingly warm ones. Can’t wait!

7 Likes

We were all down the beach last night with the kids and my brother’s missus had a paddle board. There were some small waves but hubris and the fact that I used to be average on a skateboard lead me to assume that I’m definitely already a fairly expert surfer and paddle boarder for that matter despite having never tried either.

Anyway managed to stand up briefly until the first wave came then immediately flopped forward face first onto the board itself, somehow smashing my finger between the paddle and the board, bounced off into the sea, got half a lung full of salt water and spent the next five minutes trying to not throw up.

19 Likes

Steeze.

4 Likes

If I needed to use the word taste, but can’t. What else could I use? @BDF help.

Never heard of a Thesaurus? Plenty of free online Thesaurus sites.

2 Likes

Yumability?