Pointless Topics

B&M sounds like the emergency Blood and Marrow donation centre and I think that’s all you’d have to pop in the review if you insinuate they were blocking the drop off spot. Also you can vote for both options in the poll.

Oh yeah I did the wrong thing. Oh well you know…don’t vote for both. What are you…Lib Dems?

I’ve seen similar posted on r/casualuk and then the company inundated with bad reviews.

1 Like

I’m going to work in shorts today, which my boss will see in the same ballpark as having my dick out. He’s a prize Michael Fabricant.

8 Likes

Our company decided last month that any lorry driver that is employed by us (i.e not agency, subcontractors etc) who turns up for their day’s work in shorts should be sent home due to them being an apparent safety concern. This is contrary to the previous month when they’d issue shorts as part of company uniform. I’ve seen good people who’ve worked for us for 20 years or more get bollocked like schoolchildren for “incorrect uniform” and it’s fucking pathetic. They’ve also cracked down on the office dress as well, taking away the casual days on Friday-Sunday and bank holidays and that, collared shirts and “proper” trousers a must. It’s such an archaic mindset and I really can’t get my head around it.

2 Likes

No. Thank. You.

1 Like

How’s everybody coping with the 2022 heatwave? Have you all prepped in advance? I’ve bulk-bought and filled my cupboards with all train-transported goods in case of track warpage, I had my fridge freezer pre-emptively serviced, and I’ve filled the van with diesel in case we have to do an emergency decamp from the house to an air-conditioned environment.

No. Might go out and buy some toilet roll.

3 Likes

the summers getting hotter in general is obviously a massive problem that will eventually kill us all but i do think two days at ~40 degrees has been sensationalised a bit

shut windows and curtains. house is fairly cool inside. went skating earlier. i fully appreciate that if you’re stuck in a shitty flat in London this may not be all that great and i may eat my words at 11pm tonight when the house is 30 degrees

Yeah I was just joking it’s completely OTT.

True about flats in cities though. Worth knowing this trick - bathtub filled with cold water + ice, plus fan = DIY aircon unit which will cool an entire flat.

1 Like

How hot is it with you guys? I’m in Chepstow and it’s hot but not nuclear furnace defcon hot (yet).

35 degrees in York

It’s a hot day, but it seems like other hot days.

2 Likes

Pretty much the same here in Bristol, but it is definitely getting hotter. My computer sounds like its about to take off. Can’t wait to render some 4k vids later and make it explode.

1 Like

35 outside in central London. Just went outside and it was like when you open the oven into your face.

Anything over 26 is hell for me anyway

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve been hot and uncomfortable for a while, so i dont know if im getting used to it.

32ºC’ish right now, meant to be close to 40ºC here tomorrow, oof!

32 here. Drove through some rain at lunch and forecast here says a little drizzle shortly as well.

I’ve put my thermostat outside. I need data.

Edit:

3a7

6 Likes