Pointless Topics

Are there any aspects of it you still like? Forget tricks, if just bombing around ollieing drains is still fun do that

2 Likes

Fuck that, I’ve been finding skating amazing, just need a good, supportive crew and be realistic of your ability. I had ankle reconstruction surgery like 6 years ago and only this year I’ve felt ‘back on it’ even though I can’t do any flip tricks. Just set your expectations low @neddy it sounds like you are trying to impress someone when the only person you are skating for should be yourself

10 Likes

You’re into MMA, so why not start Ju Jitsu or Muay Thai? You’d get mega fit and loose your paunch quick smart.

1 Like

Chipped the fuck of my board skating that place, it’s fun though.

Years ago, Bobby Puleo of all people had a photo grinding that little ledge which sticks out over the channel at far end of your photo.

1 Like

This. Physical and mental health benefits and its way better than just sitting around the house/pub.

I had a bit of a break for a few reasons. Moved cities in the meantime and now I nearly always skate by myself and I’m enjoying it more than ever. It’s literally just for me and I couldn’t be happier.

2 Likes

Ricky oyola skated it as a guest on the death big push (SENTENCE).
I want to say he did a backlip? But it’s abit too short for that

3 Likes

Am I getting Puleo mixed up with Oyola here? Both grumpy East Coasters with dodgy opinions, easily done.

Whichever of them it is, I thought it was a 5-0.

Paul Silvester crooks it in ‘In Motion’ too.

You legend!

1 Like

It was definitely Oyola

Just had a look for the death big push 2006 video and it’s no longer on YouTube.

I’m focusing all my brain power and I’m seeing oyola in a white tee doing a back nosegrind (essentially a nose grind bonk).

I thought there was a photo of it too

Whichever one it was, i heard they were letting off some really smelly farts on that trip.

Yeah I think you’re right. Wearing blue jeans and penguin Vox shoes.

Did he (or somebody else) Smith grind it too? Hhmmm…

Absolutely.

I started skating on my own loads during the pandemic and usually go skating alone these days but every time I skate with my mates or people I don’t know it’s just great.
Went to this park yesterday, 3 kids were there, I gave one of them a few tips and every time I gave him a tip he landed his trick straight away, the look on his face made my week.

I was recovering from a mean cold, wearing new shoes and only did tricks I knew I couldn’t miss, it was a quick skate in the middle of a busy day but it was well good. Zero expectations, loads of satisfaction.

4 Likes

Ive just seen some new PJ footage and no matter how much I want to I just dont care for new PJ.

I want to like it because PJ but I can’t get on board with skinny jean/turban/beard PJ. It just doesnt work for me.

Apologies in advance

[/Pointless Topic]

1 Like

Why would anyone watch any new PJ footage when they could just watch WHL relaxing to Pulp. Its an unbeatable section. A masterpiece!

6 Likes

I dislike this post

1 Like

I’m not suggesting other people can’t like it but when I think PJ i think baggy jeans, knackered Accels black hoodies and cold Boston streets so slim chinos turban PJ who doesnt look quite as comfortable on a board skating LA schoolyards in the sunshine just makes me miss WHL PJ.

I realise this is entirely my own problem too. Just wish I loved new PJ the same way as Old PJ

2 Likes

Kinda feeling the same. WHL PJ is in my top 10 of all time yet I’m quite indifferent to current PJ.

3 Likes

Current Jereme Rogers tho :star_struck:

3 Likes