Pointless Topics

good shout - dont think the game has offered much before the millenium. handrail skinny jeans era all looks the same, ha

It’s almost a year since I set up a ltd company and I’ve literally not thought about it since I registered.
Can someone give me 2 minutes of practical info before my brain melts?

Just realised this isn’t a pointless topic, more of a cry for help

1 Like

First clip of todays threw me off - I was sure it was a zero video. Was totally wrong

1 Like

Find a cheap and dodgy accountant

I’ve dug deep inside myself and just decided to do ten minutes of basic work

Just don’t ever pay for a legit accountant then you’re all good

1 Like

Mad. Went to science museum just to see vantablack a few years ago

7 Likes

How’d you feel about Anish Kapoor’s appropriation of it? I’ve got huge gaps in my knowledge when it comes to art as a general field, but controversies such as that interest me.

1 Like

I really like his work but it’s a shame he claimed it

Some of the alternate interpretations and use cases within art could/will be absolutely mind blowing

2 Likes

I need to see some of this in real life. I cant compute how its not just a black circle plopped onto it in ms paint.

2 Likes

Imagine a bodysuit made of that. Actual ninja level 11.

1 Like

Anyone remember this? Apparently just looks like black painted circle on the floor

There is another artist who is inventing other colours like the pinkest pink and lots more and anyone can buy them apart from Anish Kapoor. They come with a disclaimer that if you’re Anish Kapoor, you can’t buy this product. He claims to be working on a black that will be just as good too.

I read that Kapoor had got some of the pink and posted a picture on instagram of his middle finger coated in it, so he sounds like a giant immature penis but I dunno if that stands for a bold statement of righteous defiance in the art world.

I saw an Anish Kapoor vantablack artwork in Naples earlier this year and thought it looked really cool, looked like a hole in the floor but with no defined point, was wild.

The whole thing with him ‘claiming’ it for himself is grossly misinterpreted. People make out as if he bought rights to it and has a monopoly on it or something but the reality is Vantablack only sell the rights to very specific people and it’s not commercially available and he’s the only person they’ve allowed to use it for in that way.

2 Likes

Also that Stuart Semple guy is a wanker too and his pigments aren’t actually that good and the whole anish kapoor thing is just his marketing strategy really.

1 Like

You see, this is the kind of knowledge I get from this place over anywhere else. Anywhere else I’ve seen this discussed just paints (heh) Kapoor as evil and Semper as some kind of crusading maverick without exploring anything as to the whys and wherefores. Here there’s always someone more eloquent, knowledgeable and interested than I am, willing to give their time to share that.

N26 is the undisputed king of the internet and king may it reign.

11 Likes

Never knew about this. Found it out because of the King Charles connection…
Fuck all to skate by the looks of it, but props for not putting up another fucking new build town.

In theory Poundbury sounds cool. In reality it has a weird soulless vibe, kind of like a Barrett Homes built village from The Prisoner. Actually that makes it sound a damn sight more interesting than it is.

3 Likes

Ive seen similar new estates, which all seem to age very quickly. This one near Bognor has to be less than 8 years old and all the white rendered buildings are oozing muck.