Pointless Topics

They’re nuts, don’t worry.

2 Likes

Random market research question for a thing I may or may not be working on…

If you have to sign up for a service, do you prefer to signup with an email/username and a password, or do you like being able to use something like google/apple/twitter/facebook to be able to sign in?

Does anything in particular sway your opinion one way or another?

For me it largely depends on what level of trust I have. If it’s a new and unknown thing then clicking the button to authorise anything to with my Google account makes me twitchy. If it’s something I feel pretty sure of then I’d rather just click that button than create an account because I’m lazy.

2 Likes

If it’s at all possible to be a guest I always pick that, or I’ll just do an account by email. I’ve got much shit going to my email at this point it’s basically a burner.

2 Likes

Burner email every time. Feels like when you sign up with Google, anything you do on the thing could be broadcast. I’m all for Google knowing what I like, but I don’t want some comment I’ve made appear as a review or on Google Maps or something. I’m signed up to Squarespace with Google but you pay for Squarespace so it feels less likely they’re going to take the piss.

2 Likes

Email or Facebook to be honest I’m lazy and don’t care about what spams me.

I have 22,000 unread emails in my personal gmail account - it’s a spam box basically at this point too far gone to give a shit

2 Likes

27 hahah

2 Likes

Google

1 Like

I had a clear out recently as was above 250,000 unreads, trying to get it down to 100,000 :weary:

1 Like

At that point, just select all, mark as read and archive.

1 Like

i
44000 in my gmail.
But have been proactively deleting unwanted and spam since last year sometime.

2 Likes

Email and password everytime, that way I can choose which email address it goes to. If it’s important, my main one, if it’s something I won’t use that often, or spammy, my old email.

Only time I use Apple sign up is for shopify or Apple Pay.

1 Like

From the Supreme x Toy Machine thing, talking about Ed:

“He skated for New Deal between 1990 and 1992, and later formed two short-lived companies with Mike Vallely before founding Toy Machine.”

TV obviously, but what was the other one?

I could be wrong here but didn’t they have TV and Television as two separate companies?

2 Likes

They certainly used both names, but I’d never heard that. Guess that must be it though.

1 Like

I don’t remember which came first but the first one had the kibosh put on it due to some sort of copyright or trademark issue and the second failed because Mike V nicked the money :joy: I certainly wouldn’t like to be quoted on that because it’s probably not true but it’s what we thought at the time.

2 Likes

Maybe that was where Mike first got the taste for running a brand for six months before having it collapse.

3 Likes

TV and Television were def two seperate companies.
albeit with the exact same people.

i kind of need an interview with the guy that got the go ahead on the leather vest.

2 Likes

Is that why he was pushing down the street really fast? Escaping the scene of the crime

1 Like

Haha, yes I guess he could’ve been trying to escape Ed for stealing his money but it could just as easily been Jason Lee chasing him for stealing his girlfriend, (now Mike V’s wife - the sandwich lady).

2 Likes