Pointless Topics

Email/username as if I ever lose access to Gmail I stand a chance of being able to login to these other sites. If I use Gmail login then I’m screwed.

1 Like

Transit lasted a year or two and that was around 97ish I’d say.

2 Likes

Yeah Transit was late 90s, and existed until 98/99, then he got onto Black Label.

Enemy of the Sandwich Table went back and rode for Powell in the mid 90s after TV/Television though, there’s a promo video.

1 Like

93ish book just arrived, quick flick, looks great. So many memories. Can’t wait to peruse later.

Just got notification its going to be delivered today. ‘Gassed’ as Neddy would say

2 Likes

Shame, I bet more will follow. Mate of mine had to close his record shop this week. Pisser

Bit of a cheeky one but any designers or artists, photographers on here fancy a crack at a CD cover? I’m totally stuck and over thinking it. Don’t need the whole thing done just a cool image / typography / anything good for the front. No budget but could send some vinyl or cds or skate dvds or something. Or some hash, if it gets used.

2 Likes

Can do no worries, PM me your ideas if you want?

2 Likes

Nice one, thanks

Pointless observation:
Went to play pool last night with my GF and we were the only 2 people in the whole place that didn’t have Nike trainers on (it was packed, 20 normal pool, 10 american pool all full and 5 of 8 snooker full AND Darts)
I think I saw a guy at the top with when I went to the toilet that had something like Under Armor or something.
Many tables had more than 2 people playing so estimating 130+ people. Not even lying, ALL had Nike on their feet.
That is a decent cross section of the typical normal person of a decent range of agegroup, roll that out and can only imagine how popular Nike are right now. Mind blowing.

I’ve still got some “don’t do it” stickers if you want to stick them on the pool tables. How come pool players don’t wear special pool player owned shoe brands?

You went around and looked at 130+ peoples feet one by one?

2 Likes

Nike for everyone around here, apart from 30-40 yr old ladies that all wear NB 327s.
It’s bizarre, like there was a committee meeting.

Yep, had my pen and pad handy too.

1 Like

Haha….

Pool table one - Nike
Pool table two - Nike

IMG_9408

9 Likes

Adi and New Balance get a flex at my work.

MD wears Jordan 4’s haha.

I expect to see some Adidas but maybe the footy racists don’t want to do the dirty with another ball sport.

Exactly the same here, plus schoolkids wearing Vans Jazz. or ‘Old Skool’ as they get called now.

Those NBs are rough.

1 Like

Now? I remember getting a pair straight after Mouse came out trying to be Mariano and we already called them Old Skools. Did I miss something?

1 Like

It was a joke about being a purist. Like how people think their youth was only ten years ago or whatever.

4 Likes