Quartersnacks - Best Parts and Videos, 2010-2019

Thought this was a nice idea. Vote for your fav video parts and skate videos of the last decade:

Feel free to post your choices here so we can judge you. My selection:

Parts:

1.Hjalte Halberg - I Like it Here Inside My Mind
2. Brandon Westgate - Made: chpt. 1
3. Dylan Rieder - Cherry
4. Daniel Lutheran - Vans, Propeller
5. Mark Suciu - Verso

Videos:

1. Polar, I Like it Here Inside My Mind
  2. GX1000, GX1000
  3. Spirit Quest
  4. Emerica, Stay Gold
  5. Supreme, Cherry

Also, we could rig this to get Sinnerā€™s Theatrix part to number one.

2 Likes

FUCK, I forgot to vote for Cover Version.

Itā€™s a no to Dylan Rieder from meā€¦tic tacs out, ridiculous afterbang and tail scrapes are not ok.

Apart from GX1000 and Verso I would be interested to hear how anyone could argue that the Nike SB Luan*, Shane Oā€™Neill and Nyjah parts are not the best skateboarding footage of the 2010s.

• I rewatched this and itā€™s not as good as I remember! Okā€¦one down.

Damn, Iā€™m quite a nerd and watch most things but find it hard to think about 5 parts and 5 videos. So much stuff came out during this decade!
Can I go for 5 Cromer parts and 5 Worrest parts instead?

First things that come to mind are Verso, anything Gustav Tonnesen did, the Dime vid, Eleventh Hour, that JB section that came out about a couple years ago, Cover Versionā€¦ The Pass-Port vid is fantastic but itā€™s too recent, I donā€™t know what Iā€™ll think of it in 6 months or 5 years. Itā€™s really good though. Crockett had a lot of banging sections too. Daclinā€™s section was inspiring. Damn, this is impossible.

My favourite skaters of the last decade are definitely Worrest, Cromer, Crockett and Tonnesen. And some others I forget because I havenā€™t had my first cup of tea yet.

Are you high?! Heā€™s fucking dead dude, whatever footage he had in that video was ā€œoffcutsā€ his skating had a MASSIVE impact on a whole generation of skaters.

Surely if weā€™re going to contest who should be in that top 5 we should be looking at Lutheran*ā€¦

EDIT Didnā€™t immediately realise this was your choice rather than Quartersnacks @Dent_Face obviously iā€™m not contesting your opinion, not sure if Lutheran would make many peoples top 5 thoughā€¦

Try harder with the trolling bro

Too many vids to choose from/canā€™t remember what came out in the past decade but some of my favs.

In search of the miraculous
Stay gold
Prevent this tragedy
Destination unknown
Bake and destroy
I like it here in my mindā€¦
фŠ°Ń€Ńˆ
Vessel in passing
Cold war
sour solution II

Thereā€™s so many others that arenā€™t ā€˜full lengthsā€™ that I could think of on top of those

Yeah, this was a totally personal choice and a standout in an otherwise fairly standard video. I just liked the way the song worked in it - had some of the old Greg Hunt magic to it. I donā€™t expect it to make the final list somehow!

Forgot about Sabotage 3 as well. Wish I had taken a little more time with this one, but you got to make some arbitrary decisions with this sort of thing.

Yeah been trying to think about this all morning but made me realised how the barrage of content in the past 10 years has totally fried my brain

This was useful to help remember things: SkateVideoSite

Cannot believe this came out in 2010.

Never been a Dylan Rieder fan, not my thing. Iā€™m not into any of the skaters in the dramatic push club - Austyn Gillette, Gilbert Crockett - itā€™s just not for me.

1. Nyjah - Nike SB Till Death
  2. Shane Oā€™Neill - Nike SB Levels
  3. Mark Suciu - Verso
  4. Evan Smith - War and Peace
  5. Ishod Wair - Since Day One

Some more that havenā€™t been mentioned off the top of my headā€¦

Pretty Sweet
Doll
Over Vert
Blessed
Palasonic
Vase

Edit: Donā€™t why that replied to you HH? I didnā€™t mean too.

Yeah after having a think vid wise Iā€™d probabaly say

917 vid (First one)
Vase
GX1000 Roll Up
Bronze Solo Jazz
Sour Solution

Donā€™t think I could ever settle on 5 parts

1 Like

Thereā€™s no fucking way I can do this. Too much content.

GX1000
Stay Gold
Supreme Cherry
Polar - I like it hereā€¦
Pretty Sweet

1 Like

Same.

Iā€™ll use peoples lists to fill up my YouTube Watch Later pile instead.

GX1000
Stay Gold
Supreme Cherry
Polar - I like it hereā€¦
Pretty Sweet

Good list but minus Pretty Sweet, maybe the other Supreme vid too instead. Or something from Dime