Shoes

The point I’m making is Adidas have created a ‘rule’ that will never work. It’s guaranteed to be inconsistent. Just a bad idea. And it will be revoked.

Tell you what let’s have a referendum on it, that’ll put the matter to bed once and for all.

2 Likes

I guess it shows that anybody spelling it with a lower case doesn’t wear the shoes or care for the brand?

Anyway, it’s hardly an Es/eS/ES/èS/éS level of confusion.

You kind of got me with the iPhone thing. I dunno maybe that’s ok because it was like that from the start. I don’t care about any brand tbh (checking over shoulder for boss)

How do you do a poll? I will graciously accept the final verdict. I might have to get Cambridge Analytica involved though

And yet ‘Internet’ was capitalised on spellcheck everywhere until fairly recently. So your iPhone is telling you that it’s definitely ‘Internet’, while calling itself an iPhone.

And iPhones add the dots over the O in Motorhead.

I dunno, they can request whatever they like in their brand guide, but you’ve got to consider whether it will be taken up or not. A company I work for always writes its name in caps, which just looks shouty, and no-one else follows that guide cos it looks daft in the middle of a sentence.

I do find this kind of thing quite interesting, language and grammar isn’t set in stone it should serve rather than dictate.

I’ve seen quite a few Adidas posters with all the text in caps, including the brand name. Here’s one -

It does not matter really.

I really care about my moog but I still call it a moog with an oooooo rather than mogue as it should be.
It does not matter. You’re a sneaker head, you care but others just wear. that is fine.

I def feel you on the vinyl argument though :wink:

2 Likes

After renewing my ultimate chilling shoe, Lakai Camby.
Any store owners got any in?
Canvas please.
Could be picky over colour, black and gum preferred, blue with white sole are nice too.
Cheers.
My last pair went up Mt Pinatubo 2 years ago and got covered in volcanic ash.

Vans currently have a sale on, lots of tat but there are a couple of pro shoes on there quite cheap depending on size / colour. Half tempted to try a pair of Berle Pros in stylin’ blue and yellow.

accidentally ordered some US12 not UK12 matchcourts but luckily they still fit fine, quite like a snug slip on or i fear it’ll flick off my foot. only been wearing them for work to break them in before skating but so very comfy and really like how they look. they’re the grey suede ones with the greeny blue bottom inner sole.

I’m very tempted to try those new AVE’s, his shoes are nearly always good.

Like the look of these :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

any ideas if they’ve sorted their sizing out yet? quite like the look of the new foy ones

No idea I’m afraid. Some of their shoes come in half sizes and others don’t which adds to the confusion.

Foy shoe looks dope. I was liking the ones above until I got to this. Looks like a flipper, super wide and long at the toe box.

I’d be interested to know this as well, otherwise I’ll have to actually try them on in a shop!

My mate got the 379’s and advised a half size up still if that helps.

The black and white pairs are half price on the new balance website as are the 420’s,

1 Like

Bought some NB last week, had to go half a size up. Fit perfectly.

1 Like

There are some absolute bargains on there, good tip that!