Shoes

I loved the BA’s, shame they weren’t around too long.

I got a pair in grey and black. Looked fine, felt rad. Seemed like all the dope colourways sold out instantly, which made the ugly ones seem like they were the only ones available.

1 Like

Did anyone ever skate these? They haven’t aged well. Thought they were stinkin when they came out too. Wonder how much stuff like this costs Nike haha

1 Like

Is that the Omaz Salzar shoe?

Yeah. Didnt it have a load of basketball tech in it? Flywire?

That shoe went down the pan faster than his skate career.

Seems like he’s dropped of the face of the earth after Alien Workshop went shit.

Those were awful. I think he had an even shorter lived second model which was slightly better.

Didn’t he won SOTY as well? He had that one pretty gnarly part in Mindfield but he didn’t really do anything different as I recall. Just skated fast and did hillbombs and big 5050s.

Didnt he have shit knees or something then just concentrate on Doomsayers?

Yeah always thought his knees were well shit

1 Like

I think when they binned 6.0 there was still a bit of a market for that disgusting shit, so some SBs kinda looked that way.

1 Like

It’s pretty wild that they gave him a pro shoe in the first place. Especially some kind of cupsole space half cab.

I think I might have had an olive pair from a mate on Nike at the time. There are some weird models in the SB archive.

That was their angle though. Shoes for less-likely pros. Some dude on Habitat got a shoe, which was weird. Not sure what happened with that.

4 Likes

Hahaha. My purple courts turned up. Along with a copy of The Skateboard Companion and a new Tote Bag.

Big up Decimal.

2 Likes

True. I just remembered some video of P-Rod when he got his, saying that the only other people with their names on Nike shoes were these huge sporting giants.

1 Like

At that point it was true. Minimal pro shoes.

1 Like

This talk of Nike pro shoes reminds me of this tweet I saw the other day:

I didn’t realise Nike had attempted to enter that market.

1 Like

I wonder if cricket fans were moaning at the time and said they were going to keep it real with I dunno, Slazenger?

3 Likes

They will have been complaining. I know before my Grandad died (pro Cricketer in the 50’s) he wasn’t stoked on anew Balance stickers on bats etc.

I’m not sure about way back then as it’s a little before my time but most fans I know of now just see it as an opportunity for the players to earn a bit more money (still probably only a fraction of what footballers earn say) in what can be quite a short and physically punishing career.