Shoes

I assume it’s a Polish name, in most eastern European languages a “J” is pronounced as a “Y”. E.g. the name Jan is pronounced “Yan”. So if it’s pronounced with a hard J it’s probably Americanised. He is American after all.

But yeah people should make an effort to pronounce names the way the person wants it pronounced.

2 Likes

100%. Shows what an ignorant mug Chris Roberts is too.

Never thought we’d actually see them in skate shops for some reason? Always felt like an Instagram company, come back to me.

2 Likes

Noticed Grove has been skating them: makes sense if it has some link Supra now.

1 Like

I like that they have the good ones and nothing else.

This doesn’t make sense.

Yeah the fake Guys, which they only made 1,998 pairs of, and sold out on the site…? Hmm… It’s almost as if they’d made more than 1,998 pairs. Or just reordered them from the factory, since it’s the one everybody wants and it was stupid claiming it was limited.

Ha, I forgot about the whole ‘limited’ thing, conveniently forgotten.

Anybody buying those to do anything other than wear them would be pretty confused anyway.

Its been a few years since I bought any skateshoes but £100?!? Really?

They look so cheaply made as well

2 Likes

I’m tempted by the Genesis.

Totally unrelated but this just reminded me of the two fake accounts on the old forum that pretended to be Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins and argued constantly. Fucking incredibly niche and pointless reference but I always thought it was funny

4 Likes

Yeah, and knowing that we - as a forum - could probably have paid for however many these people got made, and then do a better job of marketing them than they have, makes them even less appealing.

It’s a ski distro doing it, and their social media has been so, so bad. Makes the previous owners of Zoo York seems like a bunch of geniuses.

2 Likes

I’d have to see them in the flesh I think but they look pretty well made to me:

Won’t be paying £100 for them though. They’d have to do Kareem models to justify that level of pricing.

I’m happy to enjoy the memory of the originals.

I’ve been hurt before, by reissues. Doesn’t get any easier.

From the ashes of Supra innit. Think of Grove being static and sponsors moving and changing around him like some kind of planetary system.

I’d like to know who looked through the entire Osiris back catalogue and chose those jetskis for a reissue.

4 Likes

Somebody who knows that current teenagers’ skewed idea of the nineties actually looks like that.

If any shoe from that era of Osiris should be brought back it should be these. Could genuinely see an updated version of this working

3 Likes

If that toe panel was suede, or they didn’t have the contrast stitching, definitely.