Shoes

Honestly can’t believe how you disgusting freaks can wear a pair of shoes more than a handful of times.

3 Likes

best decision you’ll ever make

1 Like

Omg you can get camo ones

How the hell do you wear soles out? Are these people actually wearing them outside?

The soles of mine are a little shiny and the grippy bits are now slippy bits but like I said I’ve had them 5 or 6 years. Still intact. They’re slippers so I’ve never worn them outside. Unless you’re doing a Risky Business all the time round the house I can’t see how you’d be wearing the soles out :man_shrugging:

Actually, looking at the pic @42069666 posted I think they might have changed them. Mine don’t have soles to speak of, just small patches of grip.

I bought some grey ones at the same time. They were the same but minus the fuzzy lining. I used those as tent slippers and they did end up knackered after a couple of years of shoving them in rucksacks and such.

I would and that’s why I didn’t bother.

:joy: A lot of shoes on heavy rotation, shoes I skate in wear out quick enough that before they’re too grimy they’re knackered and get binned. I don’t wear shoes at home, in the car or in the summer at all unless I have to. I’m on the beach every day and only wear shoes mid winter. Chucking runners in the washing machine does the trick too. The only footwear I wear for extended periods or keep for a decent amount of time are hike boots and that’s why I wear socks with those. No one should ever wear socks with loafers imo. Still I guess that no socks does seem weird to people. I have been told that I have no respect for shoes by a few sneaker collecting types because of things like skating in or cutting down rareish SB high tops and taking a marker or spray paint to hard to find dunks and the like. That probably goes hand in hand with the no socks thing :wink:

Such a weird fashion that seems to have come from nothing. I reckon most trends are usually based on something practical or something old and cool being unearthed, but the loafers-no-socks (and presumably a tight suit, or leggings) does seem to have actually just been ‘invented’. Will gladly be proven wrong but it seems like the epitome of modern male metrosexuality, to the extent that iI presume it was possible created by a GQ freelancer with nothing to report on.

I’m all for no-show socks if your shoes and legwear demand it, but with dress shoes it seems weird.

3 Likes

I dont know what’s worse? No socks or toe socks?

Good god, no… shorts only. Same goes for Wallabies too. Probably offended even more people with that. ( with the exception of rash vests and base layers which are always hidden under proper clothes I own no tight clothing at all either- no sir, can’t do it).

Surely good loafers (and brogues) last for years. Fuck wearing them sockless

We gonna dish out the sock preferences then?

Vans three pack of long boys for the thicker option - the sock for winter and/or when a shoe is very worn in.

Uniqlo four-pairs-for-a-tenners for the thin option.

Quartersnacks socks featuring a little embroidered basketball for special occasions. Medium thickness. Well comfy.

Yep they do. I only wear them for a couple of hours once a month. Like I said, I wear them with shorts so fuck wearing them with socks :wink:

My wife bought me some very expensive loafers and I wanted to kill myself after wearing them for 10 minutes without socks.

Don’t think you could wear them with socks though.

1 Like

Can’t speak for what they’ve had out in recent years but Embanks, Heretics & Reynolds 2 (?) always served me well.

I rated Emerica when i had them.

Those above look nice.

2 Likes

Stance ones seem to be fairing me well.
Although the other day I wanted to be a right goth and the outfit was ruined by no black socks. At all.

I have a few pairs. Those look like a Paul Smith pair I have, albeit a little pricier . Loafers, boaters, tennis shoes without socks is a long standing preppy staple. Only wear socks to a wedding and then only if it’s your own is the rule. The rule that I broke at mine. Although I did actually stretch to trousers for that.

So just the once? Just the most important day of your life (I don’t know, maybe) and one of your most-photographed moments?

I wore Nike ID for my wedding, but triple black leather so they didn’t look like trainers. Had comfy feet and I’ll still look smart in twenty years.

First wedding was a suit from a charity shop, a XXXL shirt I bought at an airport by mistake and a pair of skated-in black TNTs, so I learned my lesson. Not that that wedding counts.

3 Likes

No wedding guests, no photos, long story…

Edit: Just better add that was the way we wanted it.

2 Likes

My dream wedding.

3 Likes

I got a load of jazzy nordic style woolen socks for Christmas. Well grown up. There is something inherently satisfying about brand new socks and new trainers

2 Likes