Shoes

Stu Graham had a Sidewalk interview back around 05 or so where he was only wearing D3s.

4 Likes

I love that Stu and Manhead were both rollerbladers

4 Likes

Warped Sports in Wolves?

Was it called wheels?

Warped?

Did they have a shop as well in town? Back then there seemed to be loads if skate shops in brum, in the oasis centre and other crap chain store that I can’t remember the name of.

Vertical skatepark

1 Like

Is the Harry as Rushbrooke thing intentional?

I know they are both Alans but pretty easy to tell apart…

Vertical Extreme was owned by Warped though, no? IIRC their paintball shop in Wolves was doing so well that they closed the skateshop and skatepark down in Brum and moved everything over to Wolves?

Shout out Snakeboard UK website!

https://snakeboarduk.tripod.com/Snakeboarding_UK/id1.html

“Vertical Extreme
Birmingham
12.00-22.00, 3 hour sessions at 3.50. Mini-ramp, midi-ramp, funbox, spine, pyramid, foam pit, rail and assorted quarter pipes etc. Near the fire station in the city centre or ask at IDEAL skateshop.”

New vans style, the wayvee.
First drop is with Dime to get it going for guess.
Dunno if I like these.

Look shit.

1 Like

they really do don’t they.

That big oval logo on the tongue has never looked good.

2 Likes

I like the colourway. Just not a fan of soles like that.

Because you’re not a teenage girl.

That see-through stuff looks the same as these perma-discounted Nikes:

Oh, its see through?

I retract.

Because they can, and it’s fun. You think people in their forties thought we looked cool when we were teenagers, in 44"-waist purple jeans and £5 adidas shoes? I knew I looked cool, fuck what some old Michael Fabricant thinks.

I’m glad I don’t like the same stuff as a 15 year-old, much like I’m glad my dad and teachers and adults in general didn’t like the stuff I was into when I was 15.

And I’m glad I don’t like the same music as cool kids now, because it’d be a fucked up world if teenagers felt any obligation to like the same shit that men in their forties like. I’m glad they’ve got their own take on clothes and music, because we did.

3 Likes

I don’t hate those Vans but need a closer look.

The colours are good.

They’ll want to stand out so I think that’s a big part of it. Also, the better stuff from that era was either brought back ages ago and has stayed (like Rowley’s first shoe) or never went away.

Maybe the worst of that era was actually the best and we all got it wrong the first time round?

3 Likes