Shoes

I guess it’s because there’s no context as to what was actually cool and what wasn’t. It’s references and influences filtered through tiktok and the Face 2.0 until you arrive at some kind of contemporary amalgamation of what people think people were wearing.

It’s like when retro and vintage clothing from the 60’s and 70’s was big in the early 00’s - you put an outfit alongside a photo of your mum in 1972 - it wasn’t actually what she was wearing.

Having said that, seeing 22 year olds dressed like Phoebe from Friends did in 97 is very confusing.

3 Likes

Seeing anybody dressed like Chandler is worse.

1 Like

Why should that even matter? Who gives a fuck? They should have their own take on it.

I’m not saying it matters (or rather, I’m not saying it’s bad), I’m just interested in the ‘why’ behind how older trends and fashions are adopted by newer generations.

It’s nothing new, but when you’re in it at a younger age, fashions and trends exist in your mind and sphere as being entirely new - you don’t think of where the trends are coming from because they’re not really trends to you. And then when you’re older you zoom out and see the wider cultural timeline. I just find that interesting - that you need a naiveity in order to move things forwards

2 Likes

Gotta admit I’m one of those people and I don’t know. I still wear shoes designed in the early 1980s!

1 Like

Dressing like Chandler is one thing but I’ll never understand walking round looking like a jailer with a bunch of keys on your waist

2 Likes

Yes Note. That’s the way.

5 Likes

‘You do know this is illegal?!’

2 Likes

It’s the first hypebeast commandment.

A lot of people unaware of the word ‘Recommended’ in RRP

1 Like

Thinking about picking up some NB 440 Highs. What’s the consensus on sizing?

Go half a size up.

1 Like

Serious lack of reading comprehension in those comments

2 Likes

A definite vibe of, “But I’m 12 years old with my dad’s credit card! Who does this skateboard shop selling skateboard shoes think they are?!”

2 Likes

Think it was Slam that gave a discount on SBs if you kickflipped them outside the shop

Did you have to actually land it?

1 Like

BITD I heard that there were Japanese students hanging around outside the Soho M:Zone with new skate shoes and paying people to skate in them to stick some legit wear on them for street cred. Could be bollocks but was a definite rumour going around.

They’d be laughing now those geniuses at Skateshoo have come up with that amazing app. Oh, and there’s that hipster pre worn look shoe company that no one sane should care about too. How we’ve evolved in 30 years.

3 Likes

Hope not. My kickflips would probably add money onto the price

1 Like

Excellent thanks mate.

I think the note thing is pretty great tbh. Raffles, crosswords, 1000 word essays and improvised dance routines required to buy dunks were getting ridiculous.

3 Likes

Got morbidly curious while work was quiet and decided to look at what Fallen are offering besides those Ted Nugent’s Goth Nephew models posted a couple of days ago.

I found this.

I made a big mistake, didn’t I?