Shoes

(Stro)kek?

One for @anonymity

I got a pair of these recently - I was out in the rain last night in them and they worked well. I have a few pairs of Etnies winterized/weatherized shoes over the past few years (Jeffersons and Jamesons too) and they seem to be making solid improvements with comfort, feel, etc. Once the grip pattern faces out like a winter boot is the main thing.

Is that like a 32 Snow Boots version?
Looks like it has a fabric toe unless thats somehow waterproofed?

It’s a snow shoe for countries where it doesn’t snow.

4 Likes

I’m pretty much that guy.

I’ve got the gear for any climate but wear the same shit no matter the weather whilst living in a country with fairly small differences in weather conditions all year around.

Yeah, totally. It’s appropriately colder when you go 500 miles north, so essential to have wardrobes full of Gore-Tex.

I don’t go out much but sometimes it’s good to turn the heating off, open the windows and sit around in full Arc’teryx.

7 Likes

ha ha ha. I mean, I have my limits. Maybe.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 14.38.24

***************** Scottish accent *****************

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 14.38.37

32 Likes

Until we can double-like posts, or give awards:

Hahahahahaha! Amazing.

2 Likes

Excellent

1 Like

32 collab or something, but yeah, some waterproofing tech going on there too. Perfect for rain and mud, and even more useful for the snow we don’t get in Dublin.

1 Like

To be fair that’s so far in the future they might actually be in fashion by then.

Deserves a POTY trophy, that.

5 Likes

Yeah Kareem.

4 Likes

I have no idea who Ralph Sampson is but these are nice, particularly for £40, and look really skateable.

Used to love Mike V.

Fuck Mike V. “Black Flag frontman” too, HAHA!

3 Likes

“I’ve got a band that I’ve been doing there called Mike Vallely and The Complete Disaster.”

Possibly a nod to every one of his business moves of the last twenty years.

6 Likes

What happened to the emo goth girls thread because Mike V has an adult daughter who’s well deserving of a post.

2 Likes

1 Like

I don’t follow him but I saw a sponsored post about his wedding anniversary, fucking hell! It was about how he had to fight the skateboarding establishment for his true love, how his strong will power to fight the sham of the skating image and having to look available to his female fans (was he a skater or in a boy band?), meant they could be together forever. I thought he got with the girl Jason Lee was sort of seeing (so it obviously wasn’t a problem for skaters to date!?!).
She sure picked the winner out of those two.
Everything in his life has to be a struggle that he over come and beat the odds! Rocky Balboa style.
The real struggle is anyone trying to understand how he has managed to steal a living from skating for 30 years and become a ‘legend’!?! Radlands and the sandwich girls remember the true Mike V!

6 Likes