Shoes

Musks was supposed to be doing something with Virgil for LV before he passed.

1 Like

The high end brand shoes just aren’t my taste but I can truly appreciate that they look at the shoes from my childhood as inspiration

I remember wanting these when they were out, not sure they were a big seller though.

Oof. Im not sure we need the Shams reissue. I quite like the Shambles which were half them half the OG rowley back when you couldnt get the OG rowley.

Yeah I think you might be right there, I think an XLT would be a very popular reissue.

2 Likes

The 2s especially, @nazoreth and I have discussed this at length.

1 Like

^^^ this. The problem is that I doubt I’d actually enjoy skating an XL2 now and a modernised reissue just wouldn’t hit the spot

2 Likes

Id have them for chillers

1 Like

XL2 was an absolute shocker.

1 Like

He said wearing crocs or transparent blodneys

1 Like

Crocs in the car, Blodneys on board.

An absolute shocker that (for the time) skated well, looked decent and sold exceptionally

Literally only ever saw Croliver skating them.

Theyre basically a vans version of the samba. Tons of Vans team were rocking them, they were lightweight for the time and still synthetic but the toecap lasted for ages. Solid colourways too. Id be all over a reissue.

The first XLT was basically his airwalk model again, the two was great, the XL3 was ok but bit puffier. The slims were great, the SPV were too thin, Shambles were good, the squares were weird and the xs were heading back to clumpy again.

Id put the XL2s up there with the OG in terms of Rowley pro models, definitely one of his better ones

2 Likes

Are you blind?

SPVs were dope, I skated a pair of those.

1 Like

Kind of reminds me of the BA Blazer a bit, which was a banger of a shoe. I mean, there are big differences too.

1 Like

Mainly the toecap, low profile slim (for the time) silhouette in reasonably muted colours. Im not really sure what youre seeing to be honest, they were everywhere round here when they came out (i remember buying two pairs from legends in watford with the Chroliver Sardinia cover sidewalk with a cheque while i was at uni)

Adidas Samba so we are clear?

The toe box is slightly similar, but massive.

The rowley squares where one of the weirdest shoes I’ve ever put on everything about them were strange

I do remember a friend having the xl2 or xl3 can’t exactly remember but they looked good and skated well from what I remember him saying

Was it the shambles that had a buckle up strap?

Edit: yes

offwhiterowley