Skateboards for me and my 6 year old

I think others can give personal stories and other reasons but the one that comes to mind is that they opened stores in towns where there were existing skateshops and slurped up all the customers meaning the homegrown SOS stores closed down. But they have diluted stock and sell all kinds of crap and don’t really have any knowledge in the shops about actual skateboarding.

Like walk in and ask which wheelbase would better suit your height, or why the similarity in truck geometry between Independent and ACE and you’ll be met with blank stares.

1 Like

I spoke to Skatehut about a board for my 6 year old, most unhelpful, all they’d say is any board between 7 and 7.5 inches will do

Leigh on Sea/June Store are doing click and collect…
Probably mellower down there today.

Go/talk to a skater-owned shop and they’ll be able to help you far more and sell you something suited to you, rather than their bank account.

Such as legacy

1 Like

Don’t want to start a R1 debate but, how would someone who has no idea about skateboarding and just wants to get something semi decent to try out, know what is or isn’t a skater owned shop? Or care

1 Like

Maybe the forum should have a sticky thread with a list of skater owned shops in different parts of the country and what to do if you’re new at/interested in skateboarding?

4 Likes

That’s a good idea

That would defo be helpful!

Link to most SOSs in the above thread

3 Likes

blast skates pre-order for their little completes back up tomorrow morning !

1 Like

Might get one of these for me. Err I mean my little one. Do they have proper grip or that soft stuff?

Slam have got the soft top ones. Got an enjoi one here and it’s great.