SPOILER THREAD: Star Wars

The final duel was pretty epic to be fair, in giving fans a good Vader vs Obi-Wan fight, unlike their first encounter in this and the old man Death Star duel in A New Hope and not to be confused with Anakin vs Obi-Wan in the prequel. The same way they gave fans their Luke moment in Mando.
So much to tie up in the final 15 or so mins, some of it felt rushed. The final scene with Leia also felt like they finally just said fuck it and wiped their arses on A New Hope script all together, but maybe it didnā€™t? Need to watch it again. Ended with a strong tease on a second series already in the works too.

I felt like it ended as a closed story.
Or did I miss something?

It was a good episode. Just a bit tough to see on a bright day like today.

#alwaysmoaning

Going off with Qui Gon Jinn, like they were off on more adventures and learning, haha. It also wrapped it up so that he didnā€™t really need to be on Tatooine as much any more and could go to different places as well.

I enjoyed it. Yep, problems for sure but Obi Wan vs Vader was cool and overall had some alright moments.

The whole Reva vs Luke story line was meh. Why even bother, unless you just want an Aunt Beru is Badass show to spin off from this :joy:

The Vader vs Obi Wan was cheesy until it wasnā€™t. They definitely managed to fix most of the canon after a few things fucked it up in earlier episodes.

Finally watched the finale. Overall I think the series was fine. Didnā€™t add anything really but didnā€™t take anything away. And I really enjoyed the Obi Wan and Vader battle in the last episode.

With a character like Obi Wan itā€™s always gonna be hard to live up to expectation, and I feel the only way it could of is if it had been set Clone Wars era. But we have the clone wars tv show so is it all that necessary?

Something I hate to admit is that I donā€™t find myself getting giddy over Star Wars these days. The last trilogy really killed that for me. Especially Rise of Skywalker. For all the shit the prequels get at least their was a rough plan, and they added to the overall story. The final trilogy went nowhere and did nothing and there were so many plot holes and bad ideas itā€™s a joke.

Anywho back to OWK - it was fine. Thatā€™s it.

4 Likes

Yeah, this. A good watch.

And of those newer films, you are right. TFA was fun but Rogue One was really the only good oneā€¦

1 Like

Rogue One was great. Solo - alright - but I went in with low expectations. Anything within the ā€œskywalker sagaā€ was fucked by JJ and KK and thatā€™s why Rogue One stands out. Same universe, same goings on around it, but from a different point of view with new characters.

Jon Fav and Dave Filloni have saved it a bit recently with Mando and BOBF.

2 Likes

I enjoy Solo far more that I should and Iā€™ve liked it more on repeat viewings. Really regretted not going to the cinema to see it, but the release wasnā€™t that long after that horrible one in the middle of the last three

The next new Star Wars TV series is based around Rouge One, ā€˜Andorā€™ (Captain Cassian Andor from Rouge One), so there is still time for Disney to mess it up yet!

1 Like

This makes much more sense ha!

2 Likes

Just watched the first 3 episodes of Andor. Perfect so far. First expletive Iā€™ve heard in Star Wars that wasnā€™t in Huttese.

ā€¦Remember This Is The Spoilers Thread, So Expect Spoilersā€¦

Iā€™d been hearing how Andor was going to be the first Star Wars project aimed at an older audience but yeah, it still felt like they had forgotten to edit it out. It was great seeing the out of shape commanders and soldiers with no battle experience, as theyā€™d got used to smoothly controlling everything with no residence anymore, with low level corruption in how people in power cared more about their cushy lives and keeping their secret bars/brothels open than solving the killings of their own troops.
Too much to condense from three episodes.
Andor being taken from his idilic world to that cold, dirty, lived in modern environment, is giving it a nice back story to the back story (I think heā€™ll go back to his roots to hide at some point, but Iā€™m usually wrong).
The droids look great, the ships looked great, the costumes looked great. The acting was some of the best in Star Wars. Looking forward to watching moreā€¦

personally found the first episode enjoyable so i hope its not going to be bad

Iā€™m hoping they explain that too? Bad judgment call too have some sort of lightsaber weapon in there (as this is the no Jedi or lightsaber series) or some tech only that ship had? Like how only Mandalorianā€™s seem to use Beskar, itā€™s not like The Empire couldnā€™t of just took a load of it, if it wanted.

First three were solid but I felt like there was a lot packed in there. I might actually rewatch before carrying onā€¦

Pre-lightsaber? As in they donā€™t exist yet? They are forming the rebellion that get the plans to blow up the Death Star remember? Kyber crystals and lightsabers have been around for a very, very long time. Itā€™s just that Obi Wan and Yoda are in hiding at this point, so you wonā€™t see any Jedi but Darth Vader is running around with one.

1 Like

Skipping the spoilers here to say Iā€™ve just rewatched Rogue One for the first time since seeing it in the cinema and itā€™s still banging. Best Star Wars movie for me, largely as it doesnā€™t have annoying kid-friendly gimmicks like JarJar Binks or C3PO.

3 Likes

Watched the first two episodes of Andor last night and will watch the third this evening. I thought the first episode was great, but the second one didnā€™t really do anything for me.