SPOILER THREAD: Star Wars

I thought it was the element of surprise that threw everyone off? It’s all good having the Tie Fighters there but if the pilots aren’t about and ready to go, what you gonna do? It’s the last place anyone expected an attack, it was even said they were kind of lax with security, as they thought no-one would be bold enough to do it.

Just found it far fetched especially with the ship in waiting they rendezvoused with. Loads of time to send out the garrison and chase them.

Anyway, they’ll always get away. They have to .

1 Like

Yeah, look men…This is the spoiler thread so its okay to know that Leia, Old Ben Kenobi and Darth Vader all see out this season alive.

Proper Deus Ex Machina going on there.

Big continuity error when Kenobi gets out of the water into that top security base, by just swimming in, and he’s dry.

The scene with spy lady (Reva?) quietly whispering suspiciously into a walkie-talkie beside a load of enemies while she taps away at a computer, and then killing the officer behind a screen, while nobody else bats an eyelid? Holy shitballs no.

Star Wars looks great, but its storytelling and plotting is just weak.

2 Likes

A New Hope:

Hamill argued that since the script said they’d just been swimming around in trash, his hair should still be dirty and wet from the aftermath.

Harrison Ford replied - “Hey kid, it ain’t that kind of movie, If people are looking at your hair, we’re all in big trouble.”

2 Likes

That’s a bullshit excuse for a notable continuity error and a massive plot hole.

2 Likes

The old flash-backs and switch-a-roo episode. Another really good one, seems like they’re going to have a lot to pack into the final one next week.

Kinda liked and simultaneously hated this weeks episode.

It did something and nothing, didn’t it?

The flashbacks were nice. But they only really served to back up the line “When I left you I was the learner” In ANH.

1 Like

Filled in The 3rd Sister’s backstory (even though most people had guessed but it hadn’t been confirmed). Also this has been advertised has the Vader vs Kenobi TV series since day one, so they’re having to find ways to put them together, with flash backs, just missing each other by seconds, ect. Without messing up A New Hope (like the weak dual earlier sort of already has and them just being in the same space really).
Also, not only does Reva know Vader is a badass Sith Lord but she also has the knowledge it’s Anakin, on his own level with Force use, even higher than Yoda… what made her think she could take him on even for a second?

1 Like

People don’t always act completely logically or rationally. Why should Star Wars be any different?

Edit: reworded so I don’t sound like a condescending prick.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s Star Wars where Force sensitive people can feel how strong the other is with the force… Vader on the first encounter with Luke “The Force is strong with this one!”… while in different Ships zooming through space!!! Vader always knew he was more powerful than anyone else. He only died because he took his suit off.

The only thing I can think of, is she sensed he knew… so had no choice.

I think at that point she wasn’t thinking at all. She saw him there and thought of nothing other than what she’d had in the back of her mind for 10 years. Her being a youngling back during order 66 makes her, what, max 23 or 24 while all this is happening? More likely under that. Also she watched everyone she knew be murdered by him, and has had to metaphorically eat his shit and smile about it ever since while never revealing the extent of her trauma. I think it makes total sense that she’d just see him alone with his back turned and think “well, now or never, I guess”. The message of the episode is “if you fight solely for victory, you’ll fail” and, like Anakin in his practices with Obi-Wan, her judgement was clouded by her past, and her desire to be victorious over Vader at the cost of everything else.

Yeh. I also think she took Obi-Wan at his word that Vader would be distracted by finally getting Obi-Wan, like he said… slight of hand. Obi-Wan wasn’t lying he just knew Anakin better and how to use that info, she didn’t. There should be no dead space in a script… things don’t just happen because… they are there to move the plot forward or an idea planeted for a future scene.

Well Vader flexed his “force “ powers and shows everyone he’s the Mike Tyson/Bruce lee of the day. Can’t fuck with him.

One thing tho . That second ship must have been under a rock cos fuck knows it wasn’t right next to the first one .

2 Likes

In all my years I’ve only just realised these are my initials too. Alway just been “Star Wars “ to me

3 Likes

I really can’t get in to it because everything about it is annoying me.

It looks really budget, like a mid-level Netflix show. It’s also really fucking dark, visually. There’s scenes where I may as well be looking at a black screen. There’s one scene in particular this episode where Ben comes through a door after the grenade has gone off and the scene transition makes everything a normal light level for a split second then it goes back to being overly dark again. Why?

Also, the bit where Leia fixes her droid: ‘what are you doing here’ ‘oh, that’s better’ was so dumb and badly written.

Vader’s fight with the inquisitor was cool, but the whole thing just feels really budget to me. I really wanted to enjoy this series but I’m not.

Yeah they’re a few problems with it for sure…

Me and my brother are definitely on the agreement that this didn’t need to be made, adds nothing to the saga and is pretty much just a huge nostalgia blast.