SPOILER THREAD: Star Wars

Lol

I’d rack up some more lines of it .

But again… that’s because we know, not the people in the fictional world. It literally says ‘Mysterious’ … anyway I’m off to get some sleep, I think we are both sort of right on different points, haha…

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 23.20.05

1 Like

Haha yeah Man , rest up

1 Like

I watched TFA again the other week and couldn’t wait for it to end. This really annoyed me, as did the part when she corrects Finn “no the smuggler”. How could she know about that?!

The whole sequel trilogy just gets worse and worse with age. I feel like Disney are trying to bury them with Mando, Boba, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, etc… which I don’t mind one bit.

1 Like

Oh yeah, never spotted that, 35:01, C3-PO working the room like some sort of suave raconteur

1 Like

Just watched the new one…The pace is surprisingly fast.

Best episode so far.

Oh shit I forgot there’s a new one already!

Yeah, every Wednesday - they just delayed that first drop.

Three episodes in now, so halfway mark. Damn…

pretty good that Disney seem to be publishing this stuff and are beginning to catch up to the rest of the world…

2 Likes

I don’t know what I expected with Obi-Wan but it being a full on Leia mission taking up all or at least 85% of it by the looks, wasn’t it, haha.

1 Like

Just finished ep3.

I’m cool with it, would have liked Obi Wan to have been more hardcore and up to it tbh. When he bust the steamy thing I heard earl jones say ‘impressive’ in my mind haha

1 Like

I think that this show was always going to be about joining the dots…

At the end of the prequels, Kenobi is off for a solitary life of watching over Luke…but by the time of A New Hope, a couple of decades has passed and when shit hits the fan, Leia needs someone she can implicitly trust. And that is Kenobi. Her “only hope”. Before the New Hope reveals himself.

But how could Leia have even known about this guy and his ability as he is just a hermit who has backed away from the galaxy for as long as she has been alive and the only link is that he is a bloke who used to know her dad…There had to be something more.

A 6 episode chase makes sense, I guess.

I do hope that is more to it, though.

1 Like

A New Hope was just going to be a stand alone when it first came not. Not a trilogy, so I don’t think they thought that deeply into it. Leia was kissing Luke, ect… He’s definitely only being called Ben around her to not open up to many potholes in A New Hope.

It also puts a massive hole in Vader saying to Obi-Wan “When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master.” in A New Hope.

Edit: I’d liked to of seen something new done, instead of relying and squeezing in an already popular character like Leia, him rescuing her changes nothing in the films and seems like an almost pointless exercise. We know their future stories, so there is no real jeopardy here. They both survive and escape. We know that already.

Yeah, I’m not saying they thought too deeply when it came to ANH.

I’m saying they are thinking deeply now. With the Obi Wan series.

That seems to be the Star Wars way. They try to fill all the gaps and explain every little bit, when in reality the reasons why every little thing in that universe happens don’t need explaining because it makes that universe seem way smaller all of a sudden. Or, boring.

1 Like

Definitely, a bit of mystery goes a long way. It does give it more breathing space, than trying to tightly knit everything together. Like I said, we already know the outcome of this, so it does seem a bit pointless at times.

Yeah…I would have loved some mad story where he has to become some sort of devil apparition to the sand people to keep them away from towns and Luke.

You wouldn’t need Luke in it. It’d work as a nice counter point to the Book of Boba series, too.
Although, it would explain how he scares them off so easily in ANH, so there goes my idea of not having to explain everything…

D’oh.

1 Like

His brother. That’s all anyone knows.

Stephen kenobi

Has anyone noticed they are also pushing the idea that Obi-Wan was secretly in love with Padmé? The way he talks about her and wishing he was Leia’s father?

Like the time they removed John Boyega from the Chinese version of publicity poster for The Force Awakens.

2 Likes