SPOILER THREAD: Star Wars

Are they though?

I forget the amount and type of interactions that they have as part of the prequels, but you could just as easily see it as him showing a paternal care/interest in his dead friend’s daughter, given that her actual father is now the most evil man in the universe.

The golden rule to any book/show/film is not to have anything in it that is not going to lead somewhere later… no dead wood taking up space in the pages or script. There are many ways he could talk about her more platonically than her beauty and wanting to be her babies daddy! Haha.

Good point.

I wonder which episode will have him exhuming her corpse and professing his love to her beautiful rotten skeleton.

Not that I’ve read any, but there are a few comics where Vader goes looking for her grave.

1 Like

The ending of the last episode was weird , why didn’t Vader put out the fire again to get obi ? Or pick him up with the force over the fire ?
Or was he to transfixed on the loader robot and saw himself?

Either way is a pretty big plot hole unless I’m missing something - obviously they need the story to run, but that was weak.

2 Likes

I wondered that. He could have easily ended everything then and there.

I did see someone else (can’t remember where) suggest that he might have let him go because he desired a better duel later down the line? Fuck knows, it’s all made up just like everything else!

“In a version of Wuthering Heights far, far away…”

Yep, for somebody who was considered one of the greatest Jedi, he really let his skills go.

Isn’t it because he is hiding his Jedi powers, pushing them down inside and locking them away, as not to draw attention to himself and more importantly Luke? Once Luke is ready to go with him and learn, he’s using Jedi mind tricks and chopping off arms with lightsabers in the canteen like no-ones business, as now he can move onto the next phase.

*Edit: Just seen Obi-Wan is disconnected from The Force to hide, so is still trying to reconnect to his full powers. Why he hasn’t seen Qui-Gon yet. Explains why he is not up to full speed.

Don’t know, he just sucked at fighting.

He’s not been in one or used his powers for ten years, he might be a bit rusty.

*Edit: Just seen Obi-Wan is disconnected from The Force to hide, so is still trying to reconnect to his full powers. Why he hasn’t seen Qui-Gon yet. Explains why he is not up to full speed.

Can relate. Got my ass handed to me at kick-boxing a while back. It had been 5 years.

1 Like

Third sister defo looking like one of the 5 Jedi kids in the recap. Why she had a memory relapse in the secret tunnel.

1 Like

…Remember This Is The Spoiler Thread…

I was ready to dislike this episode so bad, another running around trying to save Leia, blah, blah, blah… but it was really good. Best acting by the girl who plays her so far, loved the ‘here comes the cavalry’ moment. Obi-Wan’s force powers are coming back strong and fast too. Are the Jedi in the basement ones they are experimenting cloning on first?

1 Like

I thought this episode was sick.
Even if it was just another remake of A New Hope. Sorta.

1 Like

The swimming bit made TPM pop into my head.

THERES ALWAYS A BIGGER FISH!

Thankfully the threshold rate of return on sand seems to have been met.

Good. Unlike BOBF I’ll likely rewatch this series like a bantha.

Likewise! I shouted out NABOOOOOOOOO. Ha!

This series is really great.

HOWEVER. There is a huge continuity error. Just before the flooding scene, Reva can be seen walking with the stormtrooper gang that are about to meet their underwater demise… and then she’s nowhere to be seen. It’s literally the following shot with no explanation at all.

Did she take a quick poo? Did she know what was about to happen?

2 Likes

Different gang, no?

This filled me with more joy than it should have

1 Like

Another “they got away too easy “ ending . A whole station full of ships and tie fighters, but no instead of chasing them down fairly easily and putting and end to it all ……. No let them go so we can track them , we’ll get those pesky kids next time.

Stunning sets tho , absolutely on point visually.

1 Like