Stoked!

Just went for a pint with my boss and told him about my plans to quit. All went pretty smoothly. Am totally stoked. Feel much better.

17 Likes

The ‘pre-quit’. Nice!

Getting into the electric skateboard game while it’s still hot?

5 Likes

These babies are going to sell like hot cakes. I’ll take one.

No, two.

NO…TEN.

4 Likes

went to the pub last night & it was fucking great. just had a curry watching the football drinking 660’s & listening to a big pile of new reccys

buzzing

4 Likes

With another kid on the way? Have you got something else lined up yet?

1 Like

Maybe going to try trading

Electric longboard trading?

4 Likes

New head at my gaff.
Used to skate.
Asked me several ‘have you ever met?’ questions in my first performance management meeting, all of which I was able to reply with honest yeses too.
Pretty hyped on it tbh

18 Likes

Toilet trader.

1 Like

Do you get the keys to skate the school yard after hours?

2 Likes

Amusingly all the ledges are pre skate-stopped - there’s a decent set of stairs/rail in there though but I’d die if I even considered ollieing down it.

2 Likes

I can easily imagine that you’ve met, at a genuine level, pretty much everyone… so you’re exempt from name dropping…

Can you give some examples of who he was interested by?

3 Likes

Yeah, name drop his celebrity checklist.

Ha.
Well he’s the same age as I am so he asked if I’d met - Mark G, Steve Cab & big Tone amongst others. He skated during the Boneite Powell era.

3 Likes

Teachers pet.

1 Like

Pretty standard I guess for that era.

2 questions:

Who’s the most obscure 80s us pro you’ve met?

Who have you not met, but always wanted to?

2 Likes

Stoked to get my first backside boardslide on a rail. It was just a low round rail, one of the portable ones but it felt good, landed it to fakie. The hardest part was just trying it. I think I might get a round rail that’s portable.

Got slappy nose slides on a kerb and nearly there on backside 50 50 slappies. Thanks for the advice on those. Good weekend with good company, glad I got back into skateboarding.

16 Likes

Stoked on my day yesterday, went to visit some 3 week old puppies, and got to meet the one I’ll be taking home in January, then came home and watched Spurs beat Arsenal and eat some cheese fondue.

3 Likes