Stoked!

Eh, really?!

Oh yeah, you don’t live in Glasgow.

Sun’s out and guns were out here last Wednesday. It was only 11C though.

Got up early, opened the coop so my chickens could wander around the garden and eat worms happily. One of the young hens I adopted last week got scared by one of the older babes and escaped flying away, landing straight on my shoulder, staying there, like parrots on pirates’ shoulders. None of all the chickens I ever had ever did this before, it was pretty special. Everything was very peaceful and quiet again, in the best way possible. The sun was shining, lots of birds were singing, what more could I have asked for?

She sharted on me.

12 Likes

They say its good luck.

I’d say it’s a messy shoulder.

I say it’s a dressing gown in the washing machine.

1 Like

How was Grove? He ok?

7 Likes

4 millionth call with a recruiter today. Hopefully something happens.

11 Likes

Fingers crossed yo.

1 Like

Got up, drew some things, went skating, started trying a trick I’d never done but always wanted to learn, did it twice but sketchily, tried again, broke my board. Went back home, had a cuppa, a cig, set up an old board, went out again, did it kinda quickly. Treated myself to two excellent sarnies from a dope place. Just watched the footage, it’s kinda nice, sunny weather and you hear birds singing. Gonna take a nap then chill in my garden with my cats and chickens later. Good beers in the fridge too. S.T.O.K.E.D.

7 Likes

Accepted an asking price offer on our house, offer was made this morning, house went on the market last Friday night.

Apparently the girl who’s buying it has looked at every house in this postcode in her price range for 18 months.

Now we need to find a new one!

15 Likes

Saw your board slide 270 out on Instagram, nicely done! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

To sell my house it took me 14 months, I had to sell it for 17 grand under the initial asking price and I had to sell it as no chain to get that.

Next week I’ve got a man called Barry coming round with his van to take my stuff into storage and I have to move in with my parents in law for an undertermined amount of time whilst waiting for the house I’m buying to go through.

No. I’m not jealous.

My front tooth is fixed after 12 years!

13 Likes

Fuuuuck. I’ll shut up now. Though in fairness there’s still a LOT that could go wrong.

I hear Barry is a top gent too.

My flat sale that goes through on Friday has just changed to not-actually-Friday-anymore, but a week today. That’s about as late as it can realistically be, since the CGT allowance changes on the 6th, and the place went for 20% over asking so fuck a £2k allowance instead of the current £12.3k.

Absolutely loads of time for all sorts to go wrong.

cries in mature student in London in rental

1 Like

seethes with barely-concealed jealousy

Honestly, in reality I can never afford to buy here. And I don’t see myself buying in Bishop’s Stortford or Horley or some shit (no offense to those who do - I just don’t want to spend ages every day commuting). I’m hoping to move to Canada in a couple years where salaries are way higher and properties are relatively much cheaper and better quality. Failing that, Netherlands or Belgium or something. It’s up in the air.

Commuting from Canada would be way worse. It’s much further away!

7 Likes

Whats your job? Would you ever need to spend 5 days commuting anyway?