Stoked!

oxford

Hammocks are genuinely incredible

3 Likes

Yer gunna sit in one this afternoon I think!

Edit: Start new job Monday, not in the office till 17th May and on a rota system. Life is weird.

6 Likes

A video I shot and edited in my day job just won a platinum award!

Beyond stoked with it as it had so many hurdles along the way, but it seems that all of the hours paid off.
Beers tonight, and “date night” with the Mrs tomorrow. Stoked.

26 Likes

Well done buddy. Great to hear!

1 Like

Got to get it booked in. Well played.

2 Likes

Beers and dinner out this eve for the gf’s birthday weekend, an actual meal out, first time in months! Stoked.

2 Likes

Should be nice, pizza and beers!

And the rest you dirty sod.

5 Likes

Got my second vaccine shot today… feeling okay, maybe a bit tired, but I was up late’ish last night, haha.

4 Likes

First pint in 14 months today sat in the sun with a gourmet kebab. It was amazing.

8 Likes

My bro works at a micro brewery and they opened up their courtyard for some drinks so I had a few pints. Seen my nephew for the second time who is 1 now.
Nice afternoon, feel a little happy squiffy so might have half hour nap.

4 Likes

Was just walking by the river in London and saw a dude pop an ollie over a massive dog turd. Near Fosters and Partners by Battersea Bridge if that was anyone on here or they see this - legend.

7 Likes

Yesterday was a pretty good day.
Bought some paint with some gift vouchers I got from work as some kind of Covid bonus, started painting my grind box, went skating, learnt a trick I wanted to do since the mid 90s, went back home, finished painting my grind box with a couple good beers. During the evening one of my childhood heroes sent me a DM on Insta, a picture of a rad spot his brother took in the sticks, where I grew up. Pretty random but a nice surprise.
Skateboarding is good for the soul.

9 Likes

I was umming and ahhing getting a Mini DV deck or a Video Walkman for a long time, even after going tapeless last year and knowing it wouldn’t get much use…But I still have tapes I want to go through and possibly one day, do a crates or something.

So yeah I bought one with some goodies over the weekend (AC Adaptor, a Sony NP battery and a mains adaptor for the Walkman).

But it’s so rad, like I really wish I bought one when I was filming with tape just so I could use it at the spot or something. I don’t care if it doesn’t get used loads, I just love old tech as I’m a nerd haha.

3 Likes

Just booked in for my first COVID jab!

5 Likes

Love this channel for all that, forgotten formats and suchlike:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5I2hjZYiW9gZPVkvzM8_Cw

3 Likes

Ah yes Techmoan! Big fan, love his vid on the Lidl turntable and stuff on Video-8 as well.

The 8-Bit Guy is another favourite for that type of thing.

Same here - first on on Tuesday, second in July. Kinda excited tbh.

How old are you @Brewer ?