Stoked!

You’ll never regret a leap of faith.
Regretting ‘what ifs’ are guaranteed. :wink:

4 Likes

I changed companies 2 years ago and haven’t looked back after 8 years at my previous company.

What role did you interview for ? Is it a change of direction? I’d do it :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks everyone. It’s still within sales but B2B telesales instead of out in the field interruptive sales like I currently do. Still a telecommunications company too.

Financially sounds similar to what I’m on now but the idea of being out of a “5 in 7” work/life balance sounds ideal. Worked weekends for half my life and over it now. Many many more factors and mulling it all over before I make a decision but leaning toward it. If I don’t take this job I’ll take another at some point as I am done with my current job.

EDIT: Accepted it this morning. Written offer on its way then notice being handed in! STOKED!

6 Likes

Just returned home after a week in Bude, it was absolute bliss

4 Likes

Second jab tomorrow, booked some flights to finally go visit the in laws after 2 years. Also found some cheap flights to Barcelona for the week of both of our birthdays. Might not happen but it’s nice to have something to look forward to at last! Never been to Barcelona before.

5 Likes

jealous. even without skateboarding Barcelona is one of the greatest cities on earth. can’t think of many (if any) places that feel like it

got my 2nd pfizer booked for Tuesday now. hoping to get @hugo’s side effects of feeling better

2 Likes

I’m on ‘holiday’ in London, off to the Natural History museum today.

Just me and the kids yesterday because the wife was out with actor mates watching plays…it was wicked we went to the Tower of London and then I got pissed at the hotel and we had dinner then went running round all the stairwells and out of bounds areas.

Staying at the Sea Containers hotel which my wife booked and I’d never heard of. It’s really good.

7 Likes

Make sure you tell them you want the balcony when you book the upstairs bar. You can’t change your mind once you’re in your seat.

1 Like

I used to have an office in that building. That bar is so good

Where are there offices in there?

I didn’t even know there was an upstairs bar!

Most of the time you’d want to be there you’d have to book anyway, but you can normally walk in weekdays early evening. Covid-era you’re going to want to book.

Spent all afternoon at a family barbeque with 7 sheepdog puppies arsing around on the floor. Eaten a load of meat, saw my family, had a few beers and played with puppies. Win win

7 Likes

Put £2.50 each way on Morikawa for the Open. Feeling VERY canny right now.

That’s going to pay for one full tank of petrol and a curry next Saturday night. Stoked!

6 Likes

Park workout, followed by sea swim, then brunch, cycle to the skatepark, fart around there for several hours. Good day.

3 Likes

Stoked on the sea swim too. I had a full weekend of it and I feel great.

Rad weekend too staying with friends. Was my first time away from my flat in almost a year. Meals outdoors in their garden and just chatting all evening instead of looking at my laptop or studying here alone was such a welcome change.

4 Likes

Sea swims are properly dope. Never got into it as a kid unfortunately. Needed another one this evening after skating, but didn’t have the time.

1 Like

The old boy I rent my workshop off got an electrician in to put in some light fittings before I took it over, neither of them opened the bathroom door when this one was going in and he didn’t want to call the guy out again to move it when he realised later on so instead the genius took the door off and cut a bulb hole in the top and I love it.

21 Likes

Also perfect for Australian ceiling mice.

10 Likes

You can now have people stand on a stool (ha), look in and make eye contact while you’re shitting. Or at least, make them hear and smell every nasty grunt, splash and wipe.