Stoked!

Yeah man I wish I could but because I don’t get home until 7 some days it just can’t happen.

We’ve been eating nearer 9pm than 7pm for like over 2 years so maybe it’s all catching up.

Definitely going to work on a way of doing it when I work from home though.

Maybe putting in a slow cooker in the morning or something.

Every know and then we’ll make something that’s really tasty, say to each other to put that on the regular rotation and then forget what it was!

We used to plan our food shop down to even the exact amount of onions we would need for our meals.

We used to do all this planning but since we’ve moved house everything’s gone to tits a bit. Just need to get back on it :+1:

Don’t feel sick today though. Maybe those gaviscon tablets cleared out whatever was making me feel all rank.

My mum has to take a tablet to prevent reflux every day so I think it’s something I have or will inherit.

1 Like

Do this, it’s a huge game changer!

1 Like

Gousto and Hello Fresh make it easy to stay on a varied meal programme. Bit expensive I guess but some people love it. We’ve tried it and I thought it was ok but not the best for vegetarians.

1 Like

Any decent veggie recipes you could perhaps take a picture of and directly message me? No one will break that code.

2 Likes

I think they are all up here:

Our kids liked this one, just had to slice the courgette as finely as the garlic in Goodfellas.

1 Like

What! I never thought they would just give all their recipes away. Wicked.

always have this on a wednesday, takes 10 mins and bangs

cous cous, crisp leaf salad, falafel, humus, tomato, cucumber, pickled gherkins, red cabbage, pickled beetroot, vegan garlic mayo sauce

pretend that was a dm soz

10 Likes

mmmmmmmmmmmm that’s lovely. good effort

Been cooking loads of vegan meals lately. All have been so tasty. if you want some scans PM me.

Just a thought, you could do several portions of a healthy pasta sauce then put it in freezer bags. Then you’ve just got to defrost it and cook some pasta. Or anything really, curry or whatever

Massive pot of bolognaise, lop the leftovers into freezer, wallop

3 Likes

I love making a double portion of bolegnese, and use half of it towards a lasagne.
It’s a bit time consuming at the time, but stick it in the lasagne in the fridge and all you need to do is pop it in the oven mid week. Plus some garlic bread if you like to double carb like me.

4 Likes

Talking of food…

Super duper stoked 'cause I just made some tidy vegan mac 'n ‘cheese’ + blackberry crumble for the folks and I.

The mac 'n cheese tasted banging. I managed to find some of the bigger macaroni than the normal stuff you find in shops, so it felt a little bit better than when I previously made it.

Crumble is TBE, yet.

Well chuffed lemme tell 'ew.

2 Likes

What you doing for the cheese sauce?
Had that Sacla vegan one for a lasagne and it was perfect but felt it didn’t work on Mac and cheese.

I had a recipe off Viva! recipe club, but they randomly changed it, though. I did however wrote down the old one some time ago. I can PM it over to you if you want?

Yes please!

1 Like

lentil shepherds pie is always a belter

Made a halloumi wrap for the first time in ages, I forgot how good they were.

Pan, olive oil, sliced halloumi, onion, and tomato. Cook then add to a wrap with grated carrot, diced lettuce and mint yogurt. Wrap up stick it back on the pan for minute so that it seals.

Eat and enjoy the ability to astral project. Wash down with Yorkshire tea.

4 Likes

Wife made surf n turf wraps today on a whim in about 20 mins flat. Salad, fried onions, bacon, prawns, salad with Caesar sauce and grated cheese. Fucking wallop.

1 Like