Stoked!

At the ripe old age of 46 I took my first step towards my motorbike license yesterday, just a wee hours introduction but my oh my it was enjoyable. Always wanted a bike but mummy dearest always put the kybosh on that.

Today has been spent trying to decide whether to take it further although the missus keeps saying “do what you want”, which in wifey speak means “DON’T” and mortality and a 7 year old keeps me from pulling the trigger

1 Like

I always wanted to fly hang gliders but I’m going to wait until my wife and daughter would hopefully only be sad for a bit and not destitute if I should kill myself.

4 Likes

Indian Shepherds Pie tonight. Yer standard pie with a load of garlic, ginger and spices in. Plus coriander leaves and chopped chilli in the mash. Solid 8/10.

3 Likes

Yeah, agree with you there, thinking I might just have to put the idea to bed and buy an expensive guitar instead. Staying safe for my daughter seems to massively outweigh any 2 wheeled dreams most days.

Went to Napoli today, it’s a complete dump, had the best pizza ever. Now I’m in Sorrento and it’s BEAUTIFUL and the pizza is even better. Flying was way easier than I expected too, no airport drama at all.

8 Likes

Sorrento is lovely. Naples had rubbish flying around. I’m envious as I’d love to go back!

Go down the harbour and marvel at the rail
Chris Oliver 5050’d

4 Likes

Total shithole. Me and my bird-at-the-time were in Rome and she fancied a couple of days at a beach, so we looked at a map and saw that Napoli was by the sea, so we got a train there.

Almost got robbed when we got off the train, and found a place to stay nearby. There was some really lively shagging going on in the room next door, which only ever paused for the sound of lines being chopped out. This was the entire time.

Obviously the beach is actually a dock, so we went to try to get pizza and managed to dodge the pavement mopeds long enough to get a takeaway slice that was as average as anything I’d get here. Wouldn’t go back.

2 Likes

truly one of the most fucked up things ever done on a skateboard

not possible irl

1 Like

just sat and joined in on the bbc lifedrawing thing

I concur. Absolute shit hole. Never felt safe.

Sorrento though, different story, would happily go back…

3 Likes

Pretty stoked to have a photo in the new gallery!

9 Likes

Almost done building and decorating this grind box for a jam next weekend. A few touch ups here and there and it’s done I reckon.

The jam is taking place in Vevey where Chaplin lived and is buried, hence the reference (the jam is part of a bigger event and the whole thing is organized by an association called Et si… that’s run by non-skaters). Et si on faisait un nosewheelie comme Charlie ? means What if we did a nosewheelie like Charlie? Older heads will remember the Mouse skit too, hopefully.

23 Likes

Just found it, it’s totally insane. Way curvier than it looked on video, really high and the ground is horrible and there’s barely any run out. Damn

2 Likes

Picture?

Will take one in a mo

1 Like

OK cool. I’ll wait here.

1 Like

Sorry for the wait, had to finish my linguine.

Looks like the rail is new but I’m pretty sure this is the spot

10 Likes

Where even success is going to be dangerous.

3 Likes

Do we have a pic from the cover handy?

Edit: could just google myself, lazy git.

3 Likes