Stoked!

Hang on, some people learn back side slappies first? Wait what?

1 Like

I will never be able to not try and pop onto a backside slappy. Itā€™s a psychological block. Learned them frontside really quick though, from professor dickfingers.

When I try them backside itā€™s like my first shag. DONT POP DONT POP DONT POP FUCK I POPPED.

Same with wallies. Really donā€™t understand how people do them. Simply riding into an object is harder than it sounds.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s my exact experience with frontside. Itā€™s like my body goes ā€œyouā€™ve ollied into 1000s of frontside 5050s, why not one more?ā€

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: lucky girl

1 Like

First time is a trial run, doesnā€™t count

If my first bs slappy is anything like sex then Livinā€™ La Vida Loca willl come up on shuffle as soon as I get on top of it and ruin the vibe.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got frontside down pretty well but been trying backside ones for ages and canā€™t get them. Iā€™ve watched umpteen tutorial videos, read a load of slap posts of people giving advice on them but canā€™t work them out.

For frontside this Skate Hacks tutorial helped me so much, particularly for foot position

1 Like

i found the easiest way to initially learn wallies is to find one of those sort of rib height bins and use your leading hand to push through it and off the side

I watched that video as well when I was learning them.
Conor Charlsonā€™s feed is great, I always think if he can huck one on a proper ledge, surely I can do one on a small curb.

2 Likes

My Deebot (robotic hoover) broke a few months back. I took the whole thing apart, stripped it down, cleaned it and rebuilt it, but couldnā€™t fix it properly as it just runs for 2 mins and then stops and beeps out an error code. Contacted the manufacturer and theyā€™re apparently sending me a replacement, which Iā€™m absolutely stoked about as it saves me ā‚¬200 on buying a new one.

Bit of a self brag so apologies in advance. I havenā€™t been posting or even lurking much as of late as Iā€™d taken on the new job Iā€™d been banging on about a while back and 5 weeks in itā€™s going great, Iā€™m happier than I have been in years and I have weekends off, something Iā€™ve never had in my 17 years of working life. Time to catch up on some n26 nerdery - Good to be back!

28 Likes

I bought two HVR-MRC1s because they were cheap (yā€™know the MRC1, the tapeless device thingy us SD filmers are using, 'cause weā€™re too stubborn to give up filming on these damn cameras).

I bought a cold shoe extender for cheap and hooked it up to the TRV with a small FireWire cable I got thatā€™s angled perfectly underneath the TRV.

Boom, it works perfectly. Plus I got the ā€˜DV INā€™ function on the TRV, unlike the VX1 meaning I can playback footy when Iā€™m out now, too.

Itā€™s wonderfully janky and I love it.

2 Likes

My trip to the dentist is over.

1 Like

The fences at Bournbrook DIY came down last night. The build has now been recognised by the council as a legitimate skatepark!

Big ups to Shaun, Berni and the whole crew for their hard work both physically building the park and mentally dealing with the council red tape!

Rest in peace Hem x

13 Likes

I know the feeling. Iā€™ve been having a couple of months of root canal treatment and my last session was yesterday if all goes well.

1 Like

Fingers crossed for you! Iā€™ve not been in a few years and was dreading the thought of maybe needing a filling or something. Turns out everything is fine, but it still doesnā€™t take away from the way I felt leading up to it.

1 Like

My local curb spot that seemed like it would be perfect for learning frontside slappies, was indeed perfect for learning them frontside.

8 Likes

Enjoyed that, thanks!

Went out, played a load of decadent guitars then had a Five Guys on my own.

Stoked

5 Likes

Weekend away with the old skate crew plus a couple of bonus friends. Lots of drinking and we all beat the escape room(s) whilst severely hungover. Good times!

2 Likes