Stoked!

Took my son to the skatepark for the first time on Saturday, thinking it would be mellow enough, as this one can be. Turned out I got it totally wrong and he was the only kid under 14 there, with most of the 20 skaters being 30+, and so it took him a while to pick up the courage and confidence to push about by himself. He got into it anyway, we stayed there far too late and he later said it was the highlight of the weekend, topping even the Countihno-esque top corner pearler he scored for his u-10 side on Sunday. Buzzing.

Had a rad skate myself too.

11 Likes

Camped at a rad little camping spot near Cadair Idris with no phone signal or data, just hanging out with my mukkas. We went up Cadair Idris on the Saturday and had lovely weather for the hike. The rest of the weekend was just a good laugh and having a few largs.

Nice to get away, even if the weather did go crazy on the last night and blew away the gazebo!

5 Likes

Swapped my fancy Galaxy Note phone for a way cheaper pixel 4a. Way smaller and itā€™s got a headphone socket. Stoked

One of our cats was very unwell, stopped eating and drinking for 3 days, would hide in weird places. I was seriously worrying about her dying. Took her to the vetā€™s and left her there for the day but I just picked her up and sheā€™s back home and feeling better now. This stressed me out so much.

Learnt a trick I was stoked on this morning and then tattooed a girl this afternoon.

Now having a fancy beer, chilling. A good day in the end. Started pretty weird as somebody had had a motorbike accident at a roundabout on my way to the vetā€™s early this morning which made everything even grimmer. I just hope that person is alright now.

5 Likes

Had a goal of losing some weight recently, as Iā€™ve been a bit insane with diet and comfort eating due to almost a year of lockdown etc. Set myself a goal of being at 90kg by the end of September and stepped on the scale this morning and Iā€™m 90.9. Which is a win in my book.

Especially pleased as itā€™s been mostly down to being strict with my diet, so hopefully adding a bit more exercise once lockdown eases will help me go further.

18 Likes

Thatā€™s sick, good work. Easier said than done, but once you can cut down on the sugar intake, youā€™re onto a winner.

I got a pay rise yesterday, and scoffed a whole Terryā€™s Chocolate Orange to celebrate.

20 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Mike Watt just played a tune (radio show) off my mates album we did.

13 Likes

Thatā€™s the sort of thing I dream about doing but donā€™t have the guts to actually do. Inspirational. See also ā€˜I just ate a whole pint of ice creamā€™.

1 Like

A pint of ice cream is fuck all?

2 Likes

Itā€™s a whole tub. I donā€™t have what it takes to go in like that.

1 Like

Thatā€™s called a serving.

2 Likes

1000 calories is more than I can handle for dessert. Maybe as a meal replacement. Iā€™ll do it one day.

A pint of ice cream is probably doable, if you eat nothing else before or after.
Iā€™m betting that @Bish has probably combined a pint of ice cream into one of his crazy culinary inventions.

1 Like

A pint of ice cream would put me in a coma. If ever I eat ice cream during the day, I need to sleep for about 2 hours, itā€™s proper kryptonite for me. Canā€™t do any work, canā€™t skate, nothing. Just knackered.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s the point.

Reckon I could do it, maybe depending on what kind of ice cream.

As a kid as a treat I used to make a milkshake that was half a pint of choco milk, 1/4 pint icecream, 1/4 pint double cream. Mixed with rose syrup and then Iā€™d crush choco digestives on top to give it some texture!

8 Likes

FFS how are you alive!

3 Likes